• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2800SX Outboard Restoration Begins!!!

Hey Jup , not sure how I missed this thread for the past couple of months but in anycase this is a great resto thread {great info's}.
Gonna enjoy watching/reading from here on....

Your Check is gonna come out frikin awesome -- that is a bad azz boat.

:bigthumb: Looks like your moving along nicely Jup! I think it will make a really nice sized boat for you. Next time I am down your way, we should meet up for dinner. I'd love to check this out in person.

Any updates as its the weekend :poke: Do you boat year round where your at?

:bigthumb: Looks like your moving along nicely Jup! I think it will make a really nice sized boat for you. Next time I am down your way, we should meet up for dinner. I'd love to check this out in person.

Any updates as its the weekend :poke: Do you boat year round where your at?

Took sunday off from working on the boat to watch the live feed from the Key West races:drool:. I'm hopefully gonna work on the boat tomorrow sometime...run power to the trim pumps, run new fuel lines to the motors, hook up all my harnesses and cables...We boat year round and I'd enjoy hooking up for dinner next time your down! Give me a shout :yell: when you arrive and we'll make some plans!!

Got some work done on sunday and monday. Both motors are wired up and rigged. New fuel lines have been installed. Batteries have been installed. The bilge wiring has been tidied up, tie wrapped and checked. Port side seat shell is finished and waiting to be re-wrapped in the original vinyl. Trim tabs and pump wired up and working. Filled up with 40 gallons of 93 octane and Penzoil full synthetic....Port side motor fired up for the first time today after being stored for the past 8 years!!! (I'll try to post a video)
Things left to do:
1) Install starboard motor fuel pump.
2) Run power to both motor trim pumps and attach (up/down) leads.
3) Fill, bleed and pressurize hynautic steering system.
4) Fire up starboard motor.
5) Find some props and GO BOATING!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKE4ZgvnMe4&feature=plcp

Last edited:
Back