• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

454 MAG MPI Pro Charger upgrade

Jason Kunkel told me there is more in the tank. The lake was rough with a very strong cross wind so he believes there are another 2 MPH to go.

Mid 80's was my goal and the goal is reality now!

She is coming home

Ok I have scheduled the sea trial and pick up of my ProCharged Stiletto on Monday, 23-May.
Kunkel's has been fantastic to work with. Jason explained to me today that he typically does not do sea trials in a case like mine, 454 MAG MPI with stock ECU. He says the boat will start and run just like it did before the ProCharger.
Can't wait to see the performance numbers I get after some serious seat time.

We will do the Sea Trial ourselves only because I am 5.5 hours away, just in case.

Need some advice

Okay picked up the Boat and she runs as advertised, she screams! But I am very worried I continue to bounce off of the rev limiter even with a 30P Bravo 1. Mercury Racing recommended a 32P Bravo 1 FS but JASON Kunkel is concerned the boat will lose the incredible acceleration she has. She pulls like crazy all the way to 80MPH.
Do I purchase the new prop (calculation is 88 MPH) and give up the awesome acceleration?

Jason likes to prop boats like that. When we picked my Dad's boat up he had a 25p Mirage Plus on it and he was right, it pulled like crazy through the mid range, but would be all over the limiter. So I came across a good deal on a 27p Mirage Plus and threw it on. It did take away some of the mid range grunt, but we picked up about 3-5mph and it still touches the limiter from time to time. So we have kept the 27 on the boat. Good thing is, I think that 25p Mirage Plus is going to work nicely on my boat!!! But I would say you should at least try to track one down to try. Get one for a good price, that way if it doesn't work you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back out of it.

Jason likes to prop boats like that. When we picked my Dad's boat up he had a 25p Mirage Plus on it and he was right, it pulled like crazy through the mid range, but would be all over the limiter. So I came across a good deal on a 27p Mirage Plus and threw it on. It did take away some of the mid range grunt, but we picked up about 3-5mph and it still touches the limiter from time to time. So we have kept the 27 on the boat. Good thing is, I think that 25p Mirage Plus is going to work nicely on my boat!!! But I would say you should at least try to track one down to try. Get one for a good price, that way if it doesn't work you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back out of it.

Corey,
If you are interested I have a 25P & 27P Mirage for sale. The 25P got me to 69.9 MPH GPS with the stock engine. The Mirage prop with identical pitch will turn 200-300 higher RPM's then the Mirage Plus. I picked up 4 MPH going from a 24P Bravo 1 5150 RPM to 69.9 MPH 4900 RPM 25P Mirage. The Mirage trim range was so much lower with the natural bow lift in the Mirage.
I also tried a 27P Mirage Plus 66 MPH 4400 RPM.
My 27P Mirage has never been wet or on a boat. I say this because if you can turn the 25P Mirage Plus you can turn the 27P Mirage at about the same RPM & my slip #'s with the Mirage were @ 10%.
If you want to try it just let me know.

Does the 27 have a removable hub and if so how much. I'm running a 26 Bravo right now and believe there's more. I need the removable hub option due to my 1-1/4" prop shaft.

Corey,
If you are interested I have a 25P & 27P Mirage for sale. The 25P got me to 69.9 MPH GPS with the stock engine. The Mirage prop with identical pitch will turn 200-300 higher RPM's then the Mirage Plus. I picked up 4 MPH going from a 24P Bravo 1 5150 RPM to 69.9 MPH 4900 RPM 25P Mirage. The Mirage trim range was so much lower with the natural bow lift in the Mirage.
I also tried a 27P Mirage Plus 66 MPH 4400 RPM.
My 27P Mirage has never been wet or on a boat. I say this because if you can turn the 25P Mirage Plus you can turn the 27P Mirage at about the same RPM & my slip #'s with the Mirage were @ 10%.
If you want to try it just let me know.

I might have to get with you on the 25. I'm thinking the 25 Mirage+ might be a little to much for my boat since I will be spinning it up to 6500, and I will need all the bow lift I can get with losing all the weight out of the transom with the LS motor. I'm actually thinking a 24p P5x might be in my future.

Does the 27 have a removable hub and if so how much. I'm running a 26 Bravo right now and believe there's more. I need the removable hub option due to my 1-1/4" prop shaft.

RNGRDVE,

Sorry but the hub on the 27P looks to be pressed in for STD Bravo 1 Drive. See the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 21
I might have to get with you on the 25. I'm thinking the 25 Mirage+ might be a little to much for my boat since I will be spinning it up to 6500, and I will need all the bow lift I can get with losing all the weight out of the transom with the LS motor. I'm actually thinking a 24p P5x might be in my future.

I would think the 27P Mirage would be the BOM for your rig. A little slow out of the hole but if you can turn that sucker she lifts the bow up with very little trim, the boat runs at a very nice level, she will fly. The prop is still in the OEM Box.

If you can turn the 27P at 6,000 RPM that is 91 MPH with 10% slip and 1.5 drive ratio.

25P & 27P Mirage props

I have these posted for sale in the propeller classifieds and I don't think we are supposed to drift from subject on these posts.

I would think the 27P Mirage would be the BOM for your rig. A little slow out of the hole but if you can turn that sucker she lifts the bow up with very little trim, the boat runs at a very nice level, she will fly. The prop is still in the OEM Box.

If you can turn the 27P at 6,000 RPM that is 91 MPH with 10% slip and 1.5 drive ratio.

That's how I know the 27 will be WAY to much. I'm thinking the 25 will be too much actually.

WOW.....66 mph to 84 mph with a few more left!!!!

That is very impressive!:thumb: Kunkels know their stuff.

(And just think there is a member here who paid around 30K for a new motor and only gained a fraction of that speed gain....:devil:)

32P Bravo 1 FS arrived today

Okay so I picked up and paid for my new prop late this afternoon yeeha!
I will thro the prop on tomorrow and let you know the results. $800 gamble hope she turns it like the guys from Mercury Racing said it will.
If it does what Scott R from Merciry Racing says it will do we should see 90 MPH TOMORROW!
85 is the best we got from the 30P Bravo1 but she was hitting hard on the Rev limiter at 85.
If she won't turn it hello Lighting Headers!

Hey Chris, how'd the prop do? Either way,headers just plain look & sound better (just sayin')! Hopefully see ya later this summer!
Keep on screaming!! -Chris:cheers:

Back