• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

73 MX-16 resto/mod, 1 broke high school teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redstrat You are doing a Great Job on Your Checkmate MX-16 WTG. Have a Great Day and Best Wishes Always Your Friend Sammie Action Marine

Thank you Sammie. Your comments and encouragement are golden to me as I know they are to everyone else on this site. After all, you were putting these boats together when all I could do is stand on the shore and say "maybe someday". :thumb:

One done, three to go. I did make all my patterns and cut several pieces for the others. I bought all my foam,glue and stainless staples on Friday so I'll be able to keep moving as time allows. I wish I had a steam machine. I'll have to look at the vinyl puckers until the seats sit in the summer sun for a while.

picture.php
[/IMG]

I have this week off work so I'm going to be rockin on the upholstery. I put all the interior pieces back in the boat today to fine tune the fit off all the panels and mark them for graphics. I picked up a pair of SS grab handles and positioned them on the diagonal. I'll have to epoxy a reinforcing block behind the 1/4" panel.

picture.php

picture.php

This is a panel that will go on the back of my cooler cover and provide access to the gas tank. It is 1/4" closed cell foam sandwiched between the vinyl and a piece of Sunbrella. I traced the logo on the vinyl (moved the mane away from the head a bit and extended the flames) then stitched through the layers. I had to do this running the machine manually, keep the reverse depressed to alter the length of the stitches, and move the fabric with my elbow. I haven't done this in years. I'm pleased with the result. :)

picture.php

Or in the words of Dan Quayle "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is." when he was trying to say "A mind is a terrible thing to waste". :lol: Thanks Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back