• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bdusted440's 20' checkmate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdusted440:
Do you think a 4.3 merc transom assembly off a alpha drive would work? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it would, i don't think the T/A cares what engine hooks up to it. Y-pipe should be the same. Only thing to watch for is if that T/A was designed to have the remote gear oil monitor or not. When i look up alpha drive components on MIDAS, it never specifies what engine the components go with, so, i think you'll be good.

Don't think it really matters, it's the newer design and it will tell you quickly that there is a leak (the oil slick behind the boat is also a good indicator). You'll have to match up the drive to the T/A though. If you have a remote T/A, then i would put a remote equipped drive on it and vice versa.

Well I have done some research and a alpha drive wont hold up to the hp and tourqe that the 406 will put out. Or so I am told by alot of people.So I am probably going to byte the bullit and go bravo one.
brickwall.gif
And coop is going to gell the boat for me .I hope he picks up the mustang before it snows.LOLI'll keep you guy's posted.

Thanks gus not shure what i did wrong but its all good now. I have run out of room in the garage for boxes of parts.
brickwall.gif
Did you see what is tucked behind the boat on the floor.Take a guess .I wish I could put it in the boat.LOL

jpshakehead.gif
DOOOH its a 70 440 police intercepter out of a 70 monaco state patrol car. 73 tics on it.I'll use it some day.LOL

A bit off, lol
I blew that pic up 6 ways to sunday and could not tell. Should have gone out to the garage and looked at mine.

Ya you couldnt see very much of it but i thought you might go look in the garage.LOL
Sat I take the boat to coop.Hopfully I have it back before spring so I can assemble everything.
brickwall.gif
New short block is assembled.Have to buy copper head gaskets and put the heads on and then pic a cam.
brickwall.gif

Oh ya WHY did I decide to do a project boat again.
yell.gif
brickwall.gif
devil.gif
Oh ya because it was a cool checkmate.
devil.gif
That needed rescuing.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back