• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNER RALLY 2016! v2.0

Grider does have wi-fi and service is best up by the dock store. If you are away from the store the service is pretty whimpy. The dock store will give you the password.

Ready for the trip tomorrow:
QMsKLyQ.jpg

I will be coming Saturday. Hoping to find out if anyone knows about my dinky boat. I believe it to be a '71 MX-15 with original seating but I really dont know. It has a 60 johnson on it now and I have a 100 merc in the shop now to put on it. Hopefully someone there will know if thats possible.

Hope to meet a lot of you there!

Oh My name is John from Detroit.

Oh My name is John from Detroit.

Amazing John! We will see you here

It rained a bit today. Some got various degrees of wet! I got a ski in at the hidden ski course, so that was nice. Lots of people here, probably 10 boats already.

Since some have asked, tomorrow we're going to try to go to Connelly Bottom for lunch. It is 50 miles from Grider. We will probably travel at between 40-50 mph depending on chop, debris, etc. We would try to leave around 11 central.

Hey Dave,
Glad to see you're coming! There is almost none relatively. I have seen a couple logs, but that is fine. See you shortly, have a safe trip!

Dave the lake looks good we've been to Wolf creek, Otter Creek and several other areas and just have seen a few pieces nothing of any consequence.

See you shortly,
Chuck

Hi everyone,

Weather looks great here on out. Doug mentioned to me that it is actually 35 miles to Connelly. We will still head out around 11 or so. We can just take it slower

How's the debri this year?
Leaving in a couple hours, should be down around 1:00.

Hey Dave, I need someone to take a few notes when the north meets the south, when Capone meets the bootleggers, When the mob meets the clan. I think you know what I'm hinting at! :thumb: :cheers: Have Fun and Take Plenty Of Pics

I had serious trailer trouble. I should be there in an hour or two to catch the tail end. Tommorow too if anyone stas. Hopefully someone can tell me if my ship is fugazzi.

:)

Any pics from the Rally yet? Hope you guys had a good time, weather, and water! I need to make it over there one year!
Cheers-

Any pics from the Rally yet? Hope you guys had a good time, weather, and water! I need to make it over there one year!
Cheers-

We are all having an extremely great time. The best rally to date ! I still can't post pics on here but I'm sure they will be pouring in when folks get home. Having a blast and the factory has been awesome !

I have some of the raft up at the falls this afternoon, but I'm not taking as many as last year. I know Lori Gill was taking a few. I am not sure if she posts here or not.

Another great day with a trip up to fish tales. The trip back was a bit rough though. They didn't have the crocodile bites this year, but the meal was great. We've put 200 miles on the boat so far, I'm not sure if we will break our record or not, with the 2.5 ladies we have to take it slower. If it's not debris it's waves

Good times had by all thus far

Is there anything in the works for sunday? I made it here very late saturday. I didn't know where jock was and only saw one checkmate at the time. If you saw me I am the around 6'4" with a beard. Dropping in the water early tommorow. My little boat will do about 40 so I will try to keep up.

John slowik detroit, on facebook. You can contact me there. This is really one of the most beautiful places I've seen.

Sorry to hear of your troubles on the road bud. There will be quite a few boats running together tomorrow. I have to take off early but try to walk around the main docks in the morning and you will see the Checkmates. There has to be 20 plus here.

Back