• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNER'S RALLY 2010

It looks like everyone had a great time and alot of good looking Checkmates! I hope mass amounts of beer was consumed. Congradulations Barry on all your hard work.

I see DrewMan brought Todd D. (my brother's brother in law).

How fast did the white 28' run?

DogHouse, sorry to hear about your engine but it sounds like a good reason to build a 540' w/ big HP!!

Cheers-

Check 253's white 300 was a 100+.Mass amounts of beer disapeared even without Big Red! SCT,You should have been there!

We want to say thank-you to everyone that helped organize this event. This was by far the best checkmate event we've ever attended.
It was great to put names and faces with boats. We are already thinking of making another trip in mid August. Kinda feel like we have a little unfinished business.:)

ok after being there and meeting the checkmaters i think im putting mine up for sale asap
never seen so many boring prudeish people on one lake at any time

never mind just joking i met some of the funnest people on that lake in years, i brought my friend with a howard and he thought the same thing
we all had a great time and thanks to barry for all
dog school what did you find out the problem was?

Are those Twin Big Blocks under the hatch? .

How about this for the front of the shirt :bounce:

1140823273giganticboobs.jpg

ok after being there and meeting the checkmaters i think im putting mine up for sale asap
never seen so many boring prudeish people on one lake at any time

never mind just joking i met some of the funnest people on that lake in years, i brought my friend with a howard and he thought the same thing
we all had a great time and thanks to barry for all
dog school what did you find out the problem was?
hey Mark at this point I can only guess but I suspect head gasket
and I hope nothing got hurt or that the damage is minimal, I shut
her down quick as I felt it coming, I was actually just backing out
of the throttle before it quit because it felt like something just wasn't right..
and it wasn't! I'll keep you posted!

SCT, yes, it's big hp time!! I like what I see of the pro charged 'mates..hmm..

It was a blast and we can't wait to do it again!
Sooner the better as far as we're concerned.:bigthumb:

We left today a little before 2pm... saw a few members from the Cafe while we were eating breakfast, but never caught them. We got a late start this morning and ended up running up past Burnside then came back for a swim just south of Conley... loaded up on the trailer and headed north.

I found out just how well the Superboat works for towing duty... Brian, I'm thinking of installing a beefier tow ring before the next get together... ya know, just in case:poke: That way it don't take as long to get it back in:D

It was great hanging out with everone.. ball bustin at its finest on the Friday afternoon raft up. You guys are great..:bigthumb:

Sounds like a possible August event is in order for some of that unfinished business.. let me know and we'll try and be there for the fun!:devil:

wtf- we hardly took any pics!!!:brickwall: Got some of Brians boat:

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 55
I found out just how well the Superboat works for towing duty... Brian, I'm thinking of installing a beefier tow ring before the next get together... ya know, just in case:poke: That way it don't take as long to get it back in:D
Ouch that cuts deep :brickwall:

Yep it was tons of fun sitting around and poking at everyone. I am up for the "Unfinished Business Run 2010" Barry, lets start getting things together for it!!!:banana:

I did not even get to see Bill's boat run:( I did get to talk and eat pizza with him and Monica, Barry, Lori, Nick, and Echo.

I had a great time! Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this event. I can't wait t'ill next year. boatman

Attachments

• uggfvhbguyyu 021.jpg
    uggfvhbguyyu 021.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72
  • uggfvhbguyyu 047.jpg
    uggfvhbguyyu 047.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 73
  • uggfvhbguyyu 033.jpg
    uggfvhbguyyu 033.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 68
We had a great time too & enjoyed meeting all of the other Checkmate owners. This is Liz & Pat (teal green Checkmate) from KY and if we are getting together again in mid-August, may I suggest (or discourage) August 14th -- that is when Lake Cumberland is organizing a world record setting raft-up to get in the Guiness Book of World Records. May be too crowded or be a blast--who knows??

some more pic's

Attachments

• uggfvhbguyyu 034.jpg
    uggfvhbguyyu 034.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 66
  • uggfvhbguyyu 035.jpg
    uggfvhbguyyu 035.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 67
  • uggfvhbguyyu 036.jpg
    uggfvhbguyyu 036.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 64
and some more