• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

checkmate weekend Chesapeake bash 2016

Lets talk food - Since we always seem to have too much food with no real rhyme or reason to who brings what, lets try to get this somewhat sorted out.

My thought is this; Each family/attendee picks a day/meal to provide. Obviously us with a larger family should provide more food. Lets leave breakfast to the individual attendee since that is the least expensive meal and dinner to the families. We can set a schedule for the float plan/lunch or dinner by boat and fill in the rest of the meals.

Snacks and misc stuff can just be whatever you feel like bringing.

Thoughts?

I'll keep the tradition of ribs and brisket for Day 1. Or I can do brisket only if Kris is going whole hog.

Demag & family with a dinghy!
Kieth & family boat and maybe his dinghy!
Robert and Laura with my new toy!
Knarloid & family twin 225's!
Chuck B & mystery person(s) with something that has a 400 on it.
Saxman brad and his enchanter
Spoiled in her boat.
Ramifications & Family - twin 300's!
Droptop & Checktographer - twin 200's!
Add your name to the list

Food:
Day 1 (Friday)
Dinner: Droptop

Day 2 (Saturday)
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:Ramifications

Day 3 (Sunday)
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Day 4 (Monday)
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Day 5 (Tuesday)
???

Add your name to the list

Food:
Day 1 (Friday)
Dinner: Droptop

Day 2 (Saturday)
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:Ramifications

Day 3 (Sunday)
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner: Knarloid

Day 4 (Monday)
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Day 5 (Tuesday)
???
Suggest we eat what's leftover before we leave.

The wife is thinking on it. Would you guys like the premade subs wrapped and ready to go anywhere like she did last year for a lunch and drinking snacks?

i have no problem manning the grill again for burgers and dogs which ever night. i can grab a few pounds of burgers.
I'm sure ill try and round up a group to run over to deep creek restaurant again one night like last time. and hopefully we can hit Kentmorr for lunch one day as a group again.

I'm assuming we have to have Jell-O shots again this year!

I'll bring something to cook if y'all tell me what you'd like. Or I can supply something for someone else to cook...I'm no chef haha

We are asking if you are staying in the house this year if you could bring your own sheets and blankets please. thanks

Current plan is for myself, Jross (possibly aboard my boat if he isn't bringing the 25' for a last Bash) and Chuck to run down from north end of Chesapeake, Friday afternoon.
My family will be driving the truck to the house after I launch.

Back