• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATES NEW 43 FOOTER

Just spent the day at Miami Boat Show. Was hoping to see the 43 Punisher in person but no Checkmate booth. What a dissappointment!
Also noticed the Baja/Donzi/Fountain/Proline conglomerate was not there either. What's the scoop on the Punisher not being at the show. Seemed like a very good attendance overall, traffic was pretty heavy at the show...at all three venues. Was really looking forward to hang with the Checkmate factory crew...maybe even get a demo ride (yeah right!)

Baja had a 30' Outlaw and an Islander inside the Proline booth outdoors.

But sometime you need to spend money to make money. I cannot believe how little marketing is being done to try and sell the Punisher. Miami may have been expensive to attend but the clientel down there would welcome a new large contender seeing as the expensive crat seem to be the only ones still being sold these days to the 1% who's income remains high. It is a antstic looking boat and should sell in that crowd if given some exposure. The strong buzz going on when it was being built has almost completely fizzled.

I am dissappointed the Punisher isn't getting any more exposure.
The toy store {Seelye Wright} still has it on their web site for 399,000.000 {w/ 51 ft trailer} Advertised as a 2013.
The website also says you can buy this one or have one made to your liking by Checkmate.

So, if the one built isn't selling, and Checkmate says they'll build another one if someone wants it, --- then what the heck is going on with the Marketing people, --- why has the "buzz" fizzled.
If Seelye or Checkmate wants to give me a commision, I'll find a buyer for crying out loud.

From what I understand it's not Checkmates boat to market. The boat is owned by Seelye Wright along with the rights to produce more. I think SW owns the mold and if thats true they should be marketing the boat. I don't think you can order one from anyone but them.

Dave, you are correct, but not with regards to who owns the molds. It has been published that SW has an agreement to use the molds to make more Punishers. But the molds owners likely could make other boats as well.

A lot has gone on since the early release of the boat. I wish we would have waited until the boat was closer to completion or that the boat would have been done sooner. Things have changed with me and I am now working for Phoenix Trailers. It was a great move for me and still in my passion along with giving me lots of spare time to boat!!!

The boat is available and for sale at this time. It is also available anytime for a demo ride to serious buyers. Please feel free to email me at any time to discuss jeffreykopec@yahoo.com . I will still be marketing the boat but only in my spare time as I can not have it interfere with my daily business at Phoenix Trailers.

As far as Miami goes, it was a money and time thing. It costs a lot to go, and takes up more than plenty of time as well. I do agree it would have been a great venue for the boat. The boat is in Florida at this time making it a lot easier to offer a demo ride if needed.

If you have any questions please feel free..........

Until then, look forward to this boating season and seeing everyone on the water, hope to make an appearance soon at a poker run in the new boat!!!

I
If Seelye or Checkmate wants to give me a commision, I'll find a buyer for crying out loud.

i bet they do if you pop up with the buyer.

and there is. if it's not in the states, it will be in the Gulf region. i was at the mayor yacht builder in holland yesterday. 90 procent of the super yachts they were and are building is exported to the gulf region, asia, and china.

oceanco, for yachts from 150 feet and more. the check is a tender to what they are building on a daily base.
http://www.oceancoyacht.com/

I spotted this beautify boat in the water at Coast Guard Festival today in Grand Haven. It looks and sounded great. Wish I could have caught it out in the big lake running hard.

Wow! In my own back yard and I missed it. I thought this boat was down in Florida now. Wonder why it came back up here?

Yes, I saw it with it's new owner at Hot Boat. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it. Who is going to let the cat out of the bag?

Back