• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Convincor LS Swap Project Thread

S#%T just got real......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is just mocked up. Some things will be changing on the final product. Like I will be running a 1" carb spacer, the Filter will be changed out to a 3" Arrestor, and after mocking it up, I now see my fittings for the cooling system aren't going to work so they will be changed out to all -AN fittings and stainless line. But as you can see, all the Moroso adapters bolted up perfect and the BBC Crossover and T-Stat housing went on like a glove.

image.jpg

The next step is to fabricate brackets for the coil packs then I will order the wiring harness for my ignition system since I will have cable lenghts. Then it'll be off to the dyno!!! I also need to fab up a bracket to hold the raw water pump. I'll be bringing the boat up to Ohio around Christmas and the new power plant will be going in then!!

I also happened to score a helluva fuel system on my local Craigslist of all places. Its all Aeromotive. A-1000 Pump, Billet fuel pressure Regulator, adjustable fuel log, fuel pressure gauge and a whole bunch of line and fittings.

image.jpg

Its all finally starting to come together and i'm super excited that I can now see and put my hands on the motor and can see where all my damn money has gone!!! LOL

Let me know when it's rigged and ready. I'm all for some winter test and tune. Watching the weather for this weekend and may hit the river Sunday for one last run.

Ooh you have to be getting excited. Where is the dynotime . Millets ?

Excited doesn't even begin to describe it!!!

Yeah, Millets is doing the dyno for me. They are even letting me store the motor there after we dyno it until we get a nice enough day I can pull the boat up there and use their forklift to drop it in. I can't say enough about their service, they are awesome.

When do you think you are finished?

Is anything ever really "finished"? :D

Pending some decent weather for me to get the motor dropped in after the dyno, it should go fairly quick. I bought a Mercruiser 9 pin engine connector to wire the motor with hopefully making it easier to wire gauges and ignition and making it easier to drop stock Merc power back in down the road if I need to. I have pretty much everything else to rig the boat sitting here, so hopefully I can get that all done over a couple of weekends. I really think the biggest pain is going to be installing all the new gauges as there really is no easy way to get behind the dash.

If all goes well, I'd like to back the boat down into my local little lake to fire up and make sure everything is working OK in Late Feb/early March. And be water testing back on Cumberland in April.

Back