• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Corona Virus CM Check-In!

SCT

Are all the CM members doing ok w- these unprecedented times? Hope everyone’s family is safe and sound. Did anyone get laid off? Any good boat projects w- the down time? Honey do lists all complete?

Everyone stay safe!:thumb:

Jimster checking in from Washington State. We're under a lockdown, essential trips only. Been sitting at home which means NO income. Lockdown till at least the first of May. School out for the year. Pretty much all of the vehicles are now repaired except for one with a rear main leak. Probably going to do that next. Lawns mowed, roof and gutters cleaned, etc. Thankfully no immediate family or friends stricken. Hoping for the best for all of my Checkmate brethren.

Retired, but was working part-time and missing the $$$. Getting projects done around home, vehicles cleanings and fixes, just got convincor out and starting minor things. Not sure how our fish commission is going to open ramps or not? Ask the wife for sex... she said OK, but must stay 6ft away(LOL)!

stay safe...

We have been in the house for three weeks now, making only essential trips. My wife and I are both fortunate enough to have jobs that allow us to work from home. It's tough to get stuff done with 7 year old twin girls running around, but we are figuring it out. Just hoping that we can all make it through this healthy and safe. As far as projects go, my boat is 3 hours away at the lake, so I have just been working on my tow rig.

Up here in Alberta Canada, my whole family has been Passed Over so far. Most of them who were working (4 adult children) are now working from home, except my wife who is a dental assistant, she has been out of work for 3 weeks already. She started painting bedrooms and halls in our house to stay busy,(we have been renovating for the past three plus years) and once I finish the last bathroom we won’t have much to keep us busy. But I do have a project car in the Garage. We didn’t know anyone who had been infected, but talked to an old friend, he said their good friend has a niece who just died from it.

The story is she was healthy, 27 with no risk factors, she returned from New York a couple weeks ago. Started having symptoms shortly after arriving here. It got pretty severe( not hospitalized though) for her but after 10+ days she started to get better then took a turn for the worse and went down hill fast. By the time she was hospitalized it was too late.

She is Alberta’s only death so far in the 20-30 age group.

West Michigan on lock down. Not as bad over here as it is in Detroit area. All you Detroiter's stay healthy! My parents live in Dearborn Heights, just outside of Detroit and I'm pretty nervous for them. My dad just lost a cousin from Novi and a friend of mine from Brownstown has the virus.

I just bought an old (1959) wooden boat to refinish. Picked it up for $500 with a 50hp Mercury (1970) outboard. Been trying to get the outboard running nicely...without much luck. As soon as it gets warmer I need to flip the hull and sand the old paint off and then apply fiberglass cloth and epoxy to it.

All’s well here, just south of Detroit- (an epicenter). In my 30th year at Wyandotte Fire Dept. (I can honestly say, “ Working thru a Pandemic was not on my checklist.) But as senior engineer I don’t move unless the big red truck moves. Haha. I just get to work and decon everything and then repeat again and again throughout the shift.
It’s the younger guys on the rescues that are most endangered. I try not to have to much interaction with them while at the station. But what’s new,haha again. The chief is only maintaining minimum staffing of 6 per day. Which allows about another 2 days off per month. So thru March,April and May I’ll work 7 24hr days. So it’s not so bad. We haven’t lost anyone sick yet. My girl is a high school art teacher so she been off with pay, and now she teaches her yoga classes over the internet.
I posted earlier that I finished her bath about 2 weeks ago and I have a new stereo, 1600 watt 5 channel amp & 4 - 7.7 in speakers with a 10 in sub to install on the zt. I plan on waiting a few more weeks then put the boat on the driveway and take a couple of weeks to do a nice installation of said radio. With the 1 piece deck and wind screen of the ZTs a large void is available under the screen. I’m going to try to glass in a shelf in the void to set the amp on with a goal of hiding it all! Then of course replace the 2 24 series batts with 2 AMG 27 series. So at least I’ll be enjoying it one way or another.
Everyone Stay Safe!!!!! Lisa’s sister (a nurse) tested positive, had us worried but after 8 days she was givin the OK. and eventually returned to work.
p.s. The worst part is that my competitive wallyball & volleyball leagues had to end. I was playing 6-8 hrs a week trying to get my boating body together. Now it’s going to be fat Merc on board the ZT. Any players out there?

Last edited:
Every morning here in the netherlands when I leave the house as an essential it’s crazy to see all the cars parked of the neighbours and when when I come back they are in the same spot.
I am in the worse part of the Netherlands on infected people. In my company we drive food to get the stuff from factory to districentres of the grocery stores. I keep my business and we have 130% sales so since this thing started we have been going up. Not funny to see that the rest of the community is going shut down and people are struggeling to get their life going.
I have been switching slowly from industrial work contractors to food since 2008 last crisis in the eu. That pays off now I guess.
The kids are staying in as much as possible. People around us know I am working all over the country so everybody stays away from our house now. Just in case.
Still didn’t do much on projects bc work is asking 200% focus from me. Its frustrating to see my Dutch boating friends working their boats and other stuff together so that’s in their advantage I guess.
Stay safe out there. Its going to be a long run to win this one.

I'm an 'essential' restaurant delivery worker, so I'm still working. Been fixing up the boats around my house, got the sterndrive installed on a 18' Sea Ray bowrider I need to sell, been fixing up the 24' Formula I bought last winter, next I'm going to put a different outboard on my Enchanter and see if it works.

Family and my self doing well hear in Palm Beach, hear as well Gov DeSantis ordered everyone to stay at home except essentials but it’s mind boggling how many people are ignoring that and still out and about, i part time as an air ambulance driver so I go to the airport when called and get to see how many are out and about. I applied for the PPP as my company has 4 employees and im still waiting for the bank/sba to make contact, quite a mess out there.

Essential here so work has been open, my wife has been working from home for a few weeks. On Friday the 3rd we welcomed two foster sons into our home so I took the last week off to be with them and today I'm back at the shop. Home schooling has been interesting and my wife will require extra wine working and helping the boys now that I'm not home during the day.

Doing ok here in Jupiter, Florida. I'm still working because they consider automobile dealerships "essential" businesses; due to the service department and related services. Therefore, as a finance director, I'm sitting in a dealership 9 hours a day, 6 days a week, hoping for the few sales that drizzle in. At the onset of this virus, my assistant finance manager decided to take time off and then quit, leaving me by myself. Thank god for the internet and YouTube or I might go insane! My wife is working from home (I'm sure our dogs are happy to have company all day for a change). Boat ramps are shut down on weekends. All the public parks are shut down. Most communities are under a "stay at home" order except for going out to get essentials. We have been practicing our social distancing as much as possible. We've taken the Harley out for a ride, by ourselves on my Sundays off or have ridden our bicycles for extended rides by ourselves. No boating, no surfing, no playing guitar at local pubs, no friends over the house, no big Passover dinner, Easter Egg hunts, etc. It's unnerving, having people sitting across the desk from me, not knowing if they've been infected or not while they're signing their purchase or lease documents...Each day I go home with the fear of possibly being infected...

High regards to you and your wife on fostering two boys, Dave....great job!!!!

“Home schooling has been interesting and my wife will require extra wine working and helping the boys now that I'm not home during the day.”

But will your wife need more ‘time’ or ‘wine’? Or both??😁

Being in the convenient c-store gas business I’m still working. Out everyday traveling to various areas in Ohio. My only concern is my hands are so dry from soap and hand sanitizer, plus we haven’t been to our lake house since mid February. Like everyone else I’m anxious for everything to bust loose so we can all get back to normality. Everyone stay safe and say a prayer each day.

Doing pretty good here in MO.
Wife had a baby two weeks ago so things are pretty nuts right now.
Luckily she lost her job 2 months ago so shes at home with the new born and the 7 year old and I'm pretty sure she's about to loose it. Apparently the world has been drinking a lot of beer so I have been deemed essential. Its a blessing and scary at the same time to come to work with 900 people in a factory.

I ordered a new trailer for my 259 after a broken leaf spring on the highway did some pretty decent damage. I'm pretty excited to get the boat on it.
Stay safe everyone!

Back