• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Gonna Try Again, Keuka Lake NY 'Mate Get Together 2015, who's in?

hi guys-well unfortunately it looks like I won't make it down this weekend-hope the weather holds for ya!
Chris, If you want to try the prop, give me a call, I can get it halfway to you (wife works eves. Clover St. & Monroe Ave.) -let me know! See Ya!! -- Chris

Hey guys not sure if you are doing this again this year or not. I sold my checkmate but picked up a 32 Hustler so it is still in the checkmate family. Like a half brother.

Anyway a 4-5 of us from rochester will be heading down to Keuka sat June 4th with our performance boats (32 hustler, 388 slingshot, 35 sonic, 20ft laser, 24 checkmate ) and it would be fun to get some more power boats together and do a little fun run. Hit up some of the local on lake restaurants for some snacks.

It's a little short on notice but if more people are interested I can reach out to some resturants and see if they would do anything special for us. Some early season business and probably not too much boat traffic yet.

Sweet, count me in!!!! June 4th is perfect for me!! I'll talk to some of the other guy's and see if i can get a few Checkmates together! What time you guy's coming down?

Thanks again for inviting us this is going to be a great day! wade is trying to get the skater done in time as well. what time are things taking place on Saturday? let me know if you need any help with anything!

Meet up at "The Swittz"

meeting up at the Switzerland at 12:00 noon. We will try to get over there early. If they are to crowded we can simply buzz over to my cottage on the far west part of the Bluff, 7702 West Bluff.

Chris
585-770-4058

I've been talking to some of the other guys, got a couple more Checkmates rounded up for the day! Can't wait, should be a good time, lake shouldn't be to busy that early in June either!!

Jason

What's the plan for this Saturday coming up (4th)?? You guys still coming down?? Weather looks good right now so hopefully we can have a good time! When and where you all wanna meet up? Bluff point is probably the best place to meet up, I can be out on the water at any time!! Looking toward to it!!!

Jason

What's the plan for this Saturday coming up (4th)?? You guys still coming down?? Weather looks good right now so hopefully we can have a good time! When and where you all wanna meet up? Bluff point is probably the best place to meet up, I can be out on the water at any time!! Looking toward to it!!!

Jason

Still planning on coming down the weather looks great There will be at least 4 boats coming down from Rochester. Lets plan on meeting at Bluff point around noon. Should be a good time!!

Ya never know-actually,i've got a labbed 25 mirage on it now. will bring my assortment if anyone wants to try any--see ya Sat.!

See you soon

If you arrive late and cannot find us just use your ears and you will hear that loud rumble going down the lake. Or you can call my cell 585-770-4058, Chris.

Not sure where most of you plan to launch your boats. Our crew from Rochester with the big ships will most likely put in at the state park on the Branchport side.

You can purchase 91 Octane E-Free fuel at Jakes on the west side of the lake between lakeside rest. & Waterfront rest.

We need to come up with a reason to go up towards Penn Yan perhaps we just float and have an adult beverage from our coolers. We can then proceed to The Switzerland. From there to Snug Harbor. Snug Harbor to Hamondsport. Then to Waterfront rest. Then to Lakeside rest.
My cottage is directly across from Lakeside we can also make that a stop.

Any body else has a better plan lets do it.

What a riot yesterday! 5 Checkmates, 3 big Hustlers and a big Formula. Please post any photos or videos you may have.

Great time guys!
That was a great time! I got some good pics that I'll post either later today or tomorrow! We sure did get the attention of the lake, the I ❤️ Keuka Lake Facebook page was pretty lit up, both with whiners and complainers and some that loved it!! It was an impressive site to see on Keuka, what a day!!

Jason :cheers:

Thanks to you guys for a great day and for setting this up! We met a lot of great people with a lot of cool boats! It was great to see a new spot, thanks for showing us around the lake! This was a great day to say the least. Sorry to you guys that live local I hope we didn't screw anything up for you, can't believe how uptight some people are! All the local people we interacted with were super nice and were curious about the boats, seemed really cool!

Looking forward to boating with you guys again soon!

Back