• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
very very nice man!! I absolutely love this thing. You going to put a windscreen/windshield on it??

Also a couple more questions on the rigging hose..(last ones i swear..lol) Is the primer bulb just behind the seat now?? i saw they had special coupler that allowed the fuel line to run separate but to me didn't look as clean..which kind of defeats the point. Also, where did you get the pieces that the hose goes into on the outboard...i didn't see any quite like yours on ebay...??

very very nice man!! I absolutely love this thing. You going to put a windscreen/windshield on it??

Also a couple more questions on the rigging hose..(last ones i swear..lol) Is the primer bulb just behind the seat now?? i saw they had special coupler that allowed the fuel line to run separate but to me didn't look as clean..which kind of defeats the point. Also, where did you get the pieces that the hose goes into on the outboard...i didn't see any quite like yours on ebay...??

Ask away, thats what this site is for.....the bulb is behind the seat for now...I have a electric fuel pump on the way that comes on with the key and only pumps till the pressure is at 4 lbs, then it free flows...check out my thread on fuel bulb under outboard tech discussuions, theres a link to another forum that tells you how to do it...also, you wont find any connection for rigging to a older pre 90's merc...i had to fab one...i made it out of a piece of angle, drilled and tapped the motor bracket to attach it...was a pain in the a**...I will prob redo it as i have some other ideas now...but it is strong enough and safe, just not as pretty as I like...good luck!...oh and still trying to find time to build a windscreen...or modify one to fit....

love to see some pics of your ship man.....:thumb:

Thanks again...I'll check that link out. And here is a direct link to my photobucket http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/jtellor/#!cpZZ28QQtppZZ12 . It should go to the last page of my account. I didn't want to whore up your thread with a bunch of pics. These were from a couple years ago and i'm sad to say it doesn't even look this good now. :( Defiantly have neglected her and she needs a little TLC. I will try to get some current pics and start a thread of the revamping. The PO did some things im not happy with but for what i paid surprises were to be expected. Take it easy and get some pics of this bad boy on the water!

Boat has turned out great Ballardnboyz. I like how you have some new tech and also some old school looks. Great balance there. Also LOVE that rub rail!! Where did you get it at?

If I had the windshield off wasted income, I'd send it to you. The fire was hot enough that it melted almost all of the frame. I will keep my eye out for a windshield unless you are set on a fiberglass windscreen. I think a windscreen could really set off the look of the boat if done right! :D

Your boat turned out great!!!:thumb: Are you gonna add the CM logos to the side?

Jeff , the boat looks way...................................to .......................... sweet ................................. for CM logos if you know what i mean .;)

Nothing against Checkmate....I dont like lables of any kind, having a hard time putting the registration numbers on..:shakehead:...but there custom...and white.

Boat has turned out great Ballardnboyz. I like how you have some new tech and also some old school looks. Great balance there. Also LOVE that rub rail!! Where did you get it at?

If I had the windshield off wasted income, I'd send it to you. The fire was hot enough that it melted almost all of the frame. I will keep my eye out for a windshield unless you are set on a fiberglass windscreen. I think a windscreen could really set off the look of the boat if done right! :D

actually, i have the original shield, perfect condition, just don't like the style...defiantly will be a 6 inch screen, with a kick at the top.

the rub rail is Taco I got from JMSonline. was only a few choices in white....I am not happy with some of it, I followed the video and instructions it came with to a T...but you can see small indentations from the truss head screws at the attachment to the gunwale and they really showed in the insert. Looks great from 5 foot away...I call Taco and thats when i learned it was a entry level flexible material for ease of installation. I removed the insert and put 1/2 inch braided poly rope in its place, and presto, looks way better. I bought rigid rub rail yesterday...I am going to wait till the end of the season to install it, looks like a chore...really hard pvc with a rubber insert, or red rope...but there will be no indentations and it will be perfectly straight....

Last edited:
any one noticed the transom lip??...all glassed with layered 17 oz biaxle....no chrome strips to hid a gap in the two hulls...:D

just talk to the guy with the windscreen, hes sending me sizes this week...hes not sure how to ship it, it looks like a two pieces........hes in Mass....
I , gotta tell yah ........even if that W-S has to be somewhat modified i think it will really look sweet ............which will give it that one of a kind l@@k or should i say Custom ......... which means One Bad A$$....................Mother F***ER .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back