• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New interior

I agree those lines off that much look like crap. You had to redo that. I'm just messing with you but you made the right choice. Can you post a pic of the old to the new cause man the old looked good. I'm just wondering to myself how much are you seeing in difference. Looks good dude!

I agree those lines off that much look like crap. You had to redo that. I'm just messing with you but you made the right choice. Can you post a pic of the old to the new cause man the old looked good. I'm just wondering to myself how much are you seeing in difference. Looks good dude!

yeah I'll post a before and after once it's all done, for some reason the old stuff looks a lot better in pics than it actually is, I gave up on the idea of trying to save it for another project, in person the difference is huge, much cleaner look and with the flake recently wet sanded it's all coming together now and really looking new, now I just have to get that damn truck box liner off the top deck and it will be all done, that's next winters project.

That boat looks great, making the stripes line up will pay off in the long run. Isn't it funny the things we lose sleep over?

looks very nice man:thumb: did you put the vinyl on the wood under the back seat? also i would have never thought of using truck bed liner on a boat like that, its really not a bad idea for the kids and such......and if you dont care about keeping your boat original i guess. if you plan on trying to get that off...good luck:eek:

looks very nice man:thumb: did you put the vinyl on the wood under the back seat? also i would have never thought of using truck bed liner on a boat like that, its really not a bad idea for the kids and such......and if you dont care about keeping your boat original i guess. if you plan on trying to get that off...good luck:eek:

Thanks Ross, yeah I just put vinyl every where that there was before.

As for the truck bed liner when I first got the boat I hated it but it has grown on me a lot, I just wish it was a darker color, when the PO put it on they matched it to the light blue in the original interior and now the light blue in the new stuff is a little different, it is great stuff for kids though, not slippery and you don't have to worry about the deck getting scratched up, I was talking to the PO last summer and he said the original reason he put it on was because one of his grand kids took a nasty fall into the splash well because he slipped.

I haven't decided what to do with it yet, I guess keep it for a while until the kids understand that they should not scratch it with sand on there feet, one option I was thinking about was if bed liner could just be painted to match the dark blue but I'm not sure if you can paint that.

I does come off quite easy, I think it would come off in one piece but they scratched the deck too deep to get it to stick so it would need paint, plus all the snaps and hardware would have to come off, I peeled back a piece and tried to bring the finish back but was unsuccessful so I glued it back down, it is tough stuff too, it's been nice working on this interior and been able to put tools or whatever on the deck and not marking it up, here is a pic of it peeled back, worst part is it's real hard to keep clean, I think it looks alright but would look better if it was a darker blue.

Attachments

• 09 pics 101.jpg
    09 pics 101.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 10 boat 020.jpg
    10 boat 020.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 33
wow, i would have never guessed it would pull of in one piece like that! from what i understand you can get the spray in liner in all different colors, they just add die to it until it matches the color you want. maybe thats an avenue you could pursue until the kids are grown a little bit;) it also comes in spray cans but not sure if you could get it to match as well:thumb:

wow, i would have never guessed it would pull of in one piece like that! from what i understand you can get the spray in liner in all different colors, they just add die to it until it matches the color you want. maybe thats an avenue you could pursue until the kids are grown a little bit;) it also comes in spray cans but not sure if you could get it to match as well:thumb:

yeah I don't know what brand bed liner this is and neither did the PO, he just dropped it off somewhere and told them to do it, they did a nice job just would have been better a darker blue, I would think removing all that hardware and applying the bed liner probably cost him a few bucks too, I'm gonna run it around to a few body shops in the spring and see what they think about painting it.

yahoo 1000 posts, lol

Ah, that's a little better, as close as its gonna get anyway, maybe now I'll get some sleep tonight:bigthumb:

180831_493384552059_593712059_6597380_2638189_n.jpg

John, interior looks great. I have a new one on order with Mike now. Still finishing some repairs to the floor while I wait.

I really like your set up for your ski tow.Do you have any more details on that? I saw that JW has a Pulse set up as a tow vehicle as well, maybe I can get some ideas from you guys.

Another problem I have towing is getting out of the hole. How do you have yours propped?

Thanks, there is a thread on here somewhere about ski bars that I posted up some info on, I'm sure I can find it when I have more time, as for the prop you will have to try a few to find what will work best, every boat is different, what HP do you have? and what prop do you have?, I use a 24p trophy plus for everyday use and tubing, but if I'm going skiing I put on a 21p hi-five or 19p 3 blade, you can't even pin it with either props or it will rip the rope out of the skiers hands, you will probably get more advice if you start a thread on it.

Last edited:
OK guy's I need some advice, I'm thinking about ditching the carpet now and replacing it, it's not bad but why not do it now while it's apart and it is looking a little tired in the bow area, just didn't really budget for this.

What do you think about white cup holders instead of black? now that the gauges and stereo cover are white the cup holders are really the only thing that's black? too much white??? what do y'all think???

182290_493863802059_593712059_6605452_7816822_n.jpg

the carpet looks worn in the bow, I just have to see what it's gonna cost and see if it's in the budget right now.

182290_493863812059_593712059_6605454_7402781_n.jpg

Another thing is the speakers in the front are black 6.5 Sony's, non marine, I was thinking of the white 6.5 marine Sony's, again is it too much white??? what do ya think??? this is the only pic I have of them installed, all advice welcome on this, I've got to figure out what I'm doing, couldn't sleep again last night:rof:

40814_415915962059_593712059_5263403_2235217_n.jpg

Interior looks great, If you don't replace the carpet now you will be disappointed in two years and do it then, when it's more work, so why wait. I guess if you want to strip out the boat in two years to give it a good cleaning.

Some black on the boat is fine, cup holders, speakers and I think I see a black steering wheel. They are easy and cheap to replaced later if you really want to.

I think your black existing looks good. Carpet really isnt that expensive. I bought mine right from Cmate I think it was under $300 for all of it.

Back