• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New interior

John,, The seats look great... You did a good job on your interior.. I should have my boat back in the driveway by Sat. so I can get going on my rear seat , etc. :bigthumb:

John,, The seats look great... You did a good job on your interior.. I should have my boat back in the driveway by Sat. so I can get going on my rear seat , etc. :bigthumb:

Thanks Don, good luck with the rest of yours and make sure to take pics, I will also have my boat back on Sat so I can finish up the bow area, install speakers etc, it's at the dealer now getting a few things fixed up.

Warm it and stretch it tight. This will prevent sagging when it's exposed to the sun and use. Mine was done complete. The wood was replaced with new composite so it will last longer than me!:lol: 2 years on mine and it's still perfect.

http://stineysthreeoaks.com/ghostpics

Your boat looks awesome, I wanted to do the complete with new composite but the shipping all the way to Sask would have killed me, mine is stretched pretty tight, with our weather here in the north I don't think I will have to worry about the sun too much though, I usually have to wear a jacket:rof:

I am also pretty religious in putting the bow and cockpit covers on when it's just parked at the cabin, it drives my wife crazy that if everyone wants to go for a pontoon ride I make them wait while I tarp the mate, never know when a t-storm might hit when we're gone and I'd just as soon take a few mins and keep it dry, my whole family thinks I'm crazy for how I treat this boat:bigthumb:

Looks great John! Did you get that ice breaker keal guard in so you can boat before July?!!;)

the interior will be done this weekend and it's supposed to be nice on Sunday, around 60* one side of the river is open water and I plan on going for a little cruise, just gotta check if the snow on the ramp is melted enough, it was a year ago sat that I was out last year, this year it's a later thaw and more ice but it's almost better because everything is solid and theres no little chunks floating around, funny how I seem to beat most of the southerners on the water:poke:

funny how I seem to beat most of the southerners on the water:poke:

I'm doing my best to not let you beat me to it John but I think you may get me by a day. If the weather would cooperate and the kids didn't have so many sports activities I might have gotten out there last Sunday albeit with a couple of interior panels missing. :) I just may get to toss it in this Sunday. Enjoy your maiden voyage for 2011!

John

Got the boat home again and took some better pics, the cockpit is officially done, teak refinished and interior all mounted, still have to install the bow stuff, maybe get at that tomorrow.

207804_10150143396582060_593712059_6976542_6665830_n.jpg

207804_10150143396587060_593712059_6976543_419587_n.jpg

207804_10150143396592060_593712059_6976544_8109208_n.jpg

Thanks John, I really like the red white and black boats too and would have preferred to have one of those but this blue has really grown on me, my last boat was mostly red so I guess it was time for a change.

I have never been a "red" guy and somehow I have never been able to get away from red. My fist car 20+ years ago was red, the truck I've had for the past 8 years is red, and now when I finally found a clean, local Starliner its red too. Oh well, at least its my 4 year old son's favorite color.

John

That's funny, most of my stuff over the years has accidentally been red as well, two Mustangs, Mazda RX-7, Ranger, the F-150 I had forever, my sleds, atv's and a couple different boats, all red just by coincidence.

Another story, I'm a Ford man and somehow I have two Pontiac's right now:confused:, don't know how that happened, good deals I guess.

Once again, nice work. We are having a downpour here that is making me wonder if my boat and trailer are gonna float right out of the driveway. If we get a little sun tomorrow I'll have a shot at finishing up my new/old interior.

Looking FRESH! I see 3 wheels and some coors light, you having a hard time deciding which one to use. lol I like the blue one I'm guessing thats what your useing?

Back