• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ran my Verado 400r

James, with the editional propshaft height built into your new transom plate you may exceed your 85mph goal!!! Looking forward to doing some boating!!:bigthumb:

Roger that i'm excited about this project & the way it's coming together, looking forward to boating with you & testing, 85 mph may just be around one of those light bends in the river. I might look into getting a 26"P to have on hand to test with.

Roger that i'm excited about this project & the way it's coming together, looking forward to boating with you & testing, 85 mph may just be around one of those light bends in the river. I might look into getting a 26"P to have on hand to test with.

Yeah, next time we're out I may want to try a couple of your props!!

Saw one in person at the boat show, that motor is awesome looking. The e-rude on the other hand is fugly. The 24 with a 400 is the perfect boat.

Saw one in person at the boat show, that motor is awesome looking. The e-rude on the other hand is fugly. The 24 with a 400 is the perfect boat.

Did you see it at the NY Boat show last week?
I was there on Sunday but didn't see any Checkmates or Hustlers.

NYC Show

Did you see it at the NY Boat show last week?
I was there on Sunday but didn't see any Checkmates or Hustlers.
I went Sunday also, I meant I saw the engines. Not one performance boat, at the show. I wish hustler, checkmate, baja, ect., showed up.

An Etec G2 on the right boat looks sweet. Can't wait to see Sam's Starliner.

_719939924714812_6557379578326088335_n_zpsf6d490df.jpg

Let me put that comment in a better way

It is cool you can change the colors of the Erude, the Merc is better looking though, just my opinion. If someone said here is a e-rude I would not turn it away. That looks good with the Orange color match. I had a 250 HO Johnson on my stoker and it did have a really cool sound to it especially with the above water exhaust.

Motors

I am hesitant with change, when the new vette came out i thiught it was ugly, now i would kill to have one. It might grow on me. If i had a 24 brx with either 400 i would be very happy.

Last edited:
The Merc is going on tomorrow plus a couple of aluminum trim pieces then a full systems check & we're off to the races, yeah :thumb:
Awesome:bigthumb:
It almost looks like the aluminum thickness of your reinforcement is thicker than the aluminum on the jackplate and was wondering if you had any concerns about the jackplate strength? I am still using the CMC jackplate from when the 300 was on there and noticed it was rated at 350HP. Not sure if that was because there were only 350HP out at that time or if it's truly rated for 350HP and should I be concerned...

I suppose this also raises the question on how jackplates are rated and if the predominate factor for jackplate ratings is HP, weight, or some combination. The weights are similar and therefore torque is probably the factor?

Back