• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Sugar n Sand

Unsubstantiated rumour around here is that Hudy will be driving the Heat on it's shakedown { or maybe shake up } cruise. It has been said that the neighbors daughter is very attractive, apparently at the level of Smoking Hot{ SH } I suggest reasonable caution in this area. It has been shown that contact with the Smokin Hot {SH}, under the right conditions, even just innocent talk {IT} can lead to some rather uncomfortable conditions later {such as in stepping in ****, or being in deep ****, or bein hit by some ****,etc.} I have actually seen Smoking Hot Significant Others actually become smoking hot which normally should be avoided. If your significant other should become Smokin Hot, you may experience loud, shrill, voices that may hurt your ears{ making sleep difficult too } The heat waves radiating from your SHSO, along with the laser vision that will be directed at you, may burn the exposed skin. Objects and artifacts lying innocently around may become projectiles aimed at your general direction, which can result in bruiseing and contusions and even fractures depending on how significant your significant other really is. Always best to avoid this kind of behavior, I'm just sayin...

Any update in the sugar n sand department? I hope things are going well. May I suggest lots of horsepower and speed will be necessary to overcome the present forward velocity of the Playmate with it's present propulsion system. Cheers.

Got a little busy with some other stuff around here and the sugar n sand has hit the back burner for awhile. Hopefully after Brian is fully recovered we can get back on it this spring.

Big Dave, I was concerned when you said "I got nuthin" I thought perhaps the Sugary Sand had been sold or traded. Happy to hear you still have it, I like it. Also, I'm sure I'll be banned way before you, just on my hijacking tendencies alone. Rumour has it that there is a little upcoming vid of a beat up old Mate, hittin on all six cylinders occasionally, leavin a small wake in the no wake zone? You know, just to show between you and me how slow she really is.

It's sitting in the back room here at work, it has just been moved to the back burner for now. Bring on the vids I want to see that unit in action.

Yeah Boy, I'm not sure how to send it yet, but I'm workin on it. From what I've seen so far, there is a flagrant no wake zone violation, a fly by at speed with the 2.5 clearing her throat just past the camera position, and then an on pad strut, and you wont see no chine walk, covering a little over a mile and it even looks like the Shark is at the helm, can you imagine?

I think the vids are gonna be on something called U-Tube. I'm all agravated cause the host site with my pics has dissappeared. Through all of the Southern Comfort haze this AM, I cant even post a pic here. Someday I'm gonna get this computer thing figured out, hopefully before I see how well it holds up to the business end of a 12 gauge... Gonna be mid 50's here today, did a preflight on the Mate last night, Completed a little interior renovation inside the powerplant and need to put a few hours on her with some extra oil in the mix...

I got lost on here somewhere, I feel like I feel when I get to that wierd part of youtube. Not sure how I got there, but unable to look away.

I started out thinking this was a thread about upgrading the power in a small jet boat. Now, I'm not really sure.

I'm not sure how I got here either but that sugar and sand is still at work along with that nice 4.3 262 engine. Whe'll just have to wait and see what happens.

It was really just a small Highjack . I'll tell ya how we got here as far as I remember. A certain someone said they were going to take a certain someone else down a "notch or two" with a hot little vortec powered speed machine. I merely thought I would share a little proof of what the hot little vortec powered speed machine will be up against. I apologize for any misunderstandings. I wonder who started this thread anyway! And now, with a faint stab at humour, in the words of funny guy Steve Martin, Well Excuuuuuse Me.

Your Hijacks are always welcome here Jim. We'll see whos on top when I get this thing together and we meet on common ground.

OK, I get it now

I was avoiding this thread because it was way over my head. Now it's almost clear and I can start keeping up with it.

Had her out yesterday, temps in the 60's. Shark loves that boat. Tryin to get him up to speed.

I better step my game up and get to working on the heat if I don't want to loose this race by disqualification. Thats a fine looking vessel you got there Jim, hopefully one of these days we'll get to work on mine.

Wouldn't surprise me if you and that sneaky YF already had the Heat done already. Right behind the dock we're standing on is where the Homeless Guy went swimming. Now keepin in mind that The Shark is still a little timid on the throttle, I wonder how far that vessel travels from about 25 to about 45 seconds on the clock. Looks almost like he covers the same distance back in around maybe 16 or seventeen seconds. I wonder how well it would go with the trim up a little and a few more rpm, and maybe get that miss fixed?:poke:....

YF and I have been doing a little tinkering here and there. We have been a little sidetracked with the altitude adjustment on his black Hoe and the updating on the red enchanter. My little project is for spare time when we find it.:brickwall:

:popcorn: and I know I shouldn't ask but I can't help it, What is this black hoe altitude adjustment? I'm gonna go out on the limb and guess that the Tahoe is becoming closer to the ground?

I guess you never saw the pics.
39559894060_large.jpg
39559894063_large.jpg
Brought it down 5" in the ft and around 6" or so in the rear. It's an easy job swaping out the suspension until someone decided while we had the spindles out we should go ahead and press in 4 new ball joints and replace the upper control arm bushings. That part was kind of a PITA.

Back