• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1988 Vision redo

1000th post

This is my 1000th post --- interesting to see what my new rank will be...
Was kinda gettin use to being a VICE Admiral :D

Anyway, finally got my new trim tab acuators installed.
visionproject250.jpg

Now it's time for some lettering --- I got these Checkmate decals just before Ohio stopped answering their phones {just in time}.
First tape it on to find just the right spot..
visionproject251.jpg

Next, peel back half the decal and cut the backing then reapply the decal and do the squeegee thing.
After the first half is done then peel back the other half, remove the remaining backing and repeat the squeegee process on that half.
visionproject252.jpg

Now carefully and slowly peel back the decal cover
visionproject253.jpg

And there ya have it, my boat is again officially a Checkmate..
I repeated this on the port side as well.
visionproject254.jpg

I also had dry transfers custom made for the hull registration numbers as well.
visionproject255.jpg

Right now I'm waiting on the boat name lettering to be made into a dry transfer _should be delivered by the weekend.
Also this weekend I should be installing a red / white / blue LED lighting system and a new stereo subwoofer and the new engine cover.

Shooting to be in water June 22nd.

Just an observation, are you going to power coat the thru hull fitting for the bilge? They make those in stainless steel. Your boat looks fantastic with all the upgrades!!:thumb::cheers: http://search.overtons.com/?D=thru+hull+fittings&Nty=1&N=0&Dk=0&Ntt=thru+hull+fittings

Actually no, --- when I was putting the boat back together after the paint work I just used a new white plastic thru hull fitting because I have a box of them in my shop.
I did consider a powder coated SS fitting but at that point I was in a hurry to get'er done :)

Here I am June 14th and still not done :yell:

beautiful work

Dear Kurt Your Vision is Really Beautiful. I am Sure You My Dear Friend are going to have a Great Time with Your Checkmate. Best Wishes Always Your Friend Sammie Action Marine

Dear Kurt Your Vision is Really Beautiful. I am Sure You My Dear Friend are going to have a Great Time with Your Checkmate. Best Wishes Always Your Friend Sammie Action Marine

Thankyou for the compliment my friend.....

Just a few more little last minute things to take care of and she should make a splash the weekend of June 22nd.
This weekend I'm on one of my other toys playing dirty rotten biker stuff on the Harley at the big rally in Laconia NH.
I'll be looking for some wet leather on scantly clad women :banana::banana::banana:

Have a great weekend my friend....

1988 Vision Redone

Finally after 6 months of work and a whole bunch of headaches {and ofcoarse thousands of dollars :irked:} --- she's done.

Before going in the water for her shake down run, she gets just one more sticker, and right under the throttle it belongs.
My Action Marine sticker is the last item to complete this project boat.
Thankyou Sammie for all the help / support / and inspiration to this project.
visionproject256.jpg

Check that bung hole :D
visionproject257.jpg

visionproject267.jpg

visionproject258.jpg

visionproject259.jpg

visionproject261.jpg

visionproject262.jpg

visionproject266.jpg

She performed beautifully, not a hickup the whole day, very very happy now :)

Special thanks to....

...John "Bones" of Manchester Marine ---custom glass layup / finish paint
...Chris of Eddie Marine --- custom fabrication / fusion coating
...Mike of Checkmate boats Inc --- Upholstery / tech info
...Sammie "Viper1" --- tech advice / support / inspiration
...Lee of Portside Marine --- Merc certified mechanical / maintenence
...Bob of Eastern refinishing --- Powder coating help and advisory

Thank You Kurt

Thank You Kurt for Your Dear Friendship. Your Checkmate Vision looks Awesome and I am very Proud that Our Friendship Means that much to You to have Wanted My Action Marine Sticker on Your Checkmate. Have Yourself a Great Summer Running Your Beautiful Vision and Best Wishes Always Your Friend Sammie Action Marine

I also did a 1 minute dash cam video, --- as soon as I figure out why my blackberry password/ID isn't working then I'll post the video {to prove this thing actually runs too :D}

I also did a 1 minute dash cam video, --- as soon as I figure out why my blackberry password/ID isn't working then I'll post the video {to prove this thing actually runs too :D}

Here is a short dash cam video --- dash videos are pretty boring so I kept it short {about 2 minutes} -- just long enough to prove it runs.
The cam mount was shaky but the ride was very smooth.
Excuse the water spots on the hood, I did run into a couple of rain sprinkles on the way out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qas8B--5OhY

That is one very special boat you've created Kurt. I hope you have lots of time with perfect weather to enjoy it this summer. I must admit it's a little bitter/sweet for me, I'm going to miss following your thread and watching you progress. If I find you a cheap hull, maybe you'll consider a new project for next winter. Maybe? :thumb:

Back