• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

A Star(liner) is (re)Born

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice work to both you mark ,sawcat . ive got a ? for both of you i put in a gps/depth finder last year n mid season i figured my epoxy broke away from inside hull not completely but enuf to not function . i mounted transducer between rear of tank and the pad were my bildge pump sits . to redo / fix this i want to get back seat out this time , whats best n easiest way ? mainly the bottom of seat not back part as much .is it a unit or do they both have to come out ? thanks z

The back seat base frame & back wrap around are seperate

You would get better access removing both the rear seat base & the seat back,but you can reach it if you just remove the wrap around seat back.
It really shouldn't be necessary to remove the seat base.

I also think we just hijacked Mark's thread, but I didn't want to ignore you

So you installed a through-hull transducer? Why didn't you just mount it on the transom? Anyway, I would be inclined to seal it with 3M 5200. It will be permanent but it won't leak. You do not want to get any water into the core whatsoever...or you will be doing the repair I just did.

Is this a transducer that "reads" through the hull? Or one that you actually cut a hole to pass it through?

yeah i did sorry mark , it reads through the hull , i had to sand the fiberglass mat smooth to mount it . i'm worried about the wet factor as i read this post cuz i dont know how far the or where my epoxy separated . but i know it got wet . so i want to be able to get better access for repair . it works/ed great before mishap, i didnt want it hangin off the transom so i did inside mount

I just read through this old thread, Nice job Mark, how bout a few pics of the E-TEC hanging off the back :poke:

I just read through this old thread, Nice job Mark, how bout a few pics of the E-TEC hanging off the back :poke:

I read thru the whole thread prior to doing my first resto (Pulse170 floor resto) great information.:thumb: Yeah we wanna see the E-TEC hanging off the back!!!:poke:

Alright, here a couple of pics of the big Etec. They are indoor shots as the boat is now put away for the winter... but you get the idea. Hit 73 MPH with a 27 Trophy last run of the year. I'm not unhappy with that. The Starliner is not as fast as a Pulsare but is great in the rough stuff. This is my big water ride anyway. On calmer days I use my Diplomat in the Avatar.
halloween2010009.jpg
halloween2010013.jpg

Very nice:drool: I would love to see how one of those would push the Eluder, maybe when the kids are grow and moved out,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back