• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Gonna Try Again, Keuka Lake NY 'Mate Get Together 2015, who's in?

Well Looks Like I won't be making it, I've had too much that went on this spring, Fencing, Basement water problems, finishing the manwall, Putting the landscaping back together, all this left me a little cash strapped. Besides in the middle of all this the girlfriend decided its time to sell and move in the bachelor pad.
Looks like I'll up on a ladder slapping on a paint job on her 2 story that weekend :irked:

Everyone have fun and maybe another date this summer/ or next :thumb:

Any idea yet on an itinerary? I put my boat in the water last weekend with bad results unfortunately, it's back at the marina to figure out what's going on with it. I may not have the boat for Memorial weekend, but it should be ready by the fun run. However, if I do not get the boat back this week, I won't be able to pick it up till the Saturday of the run, and best case scenario I'll be in the water by around 11-11:30. So I may miss you guys luanching the boats. We'll see what happens, just wondering what the plan of attack is for the day even if I have to get a late start.

Jason

Well Looks Like I won't be making it, I've had too much that went on this spring, Fencing, Basement water problems, finishing the manwall, Putting the landscaping back together, all this left me a little cash strapped. Besides in the middle of all this the girlfriend decided its time to sell and move in the bachelor pad.
Looks like I'll up on a ladder slapping on a paint job on her 2 story that weekend :irked:

Everyone have fun and maybe another date this summer/ or next :thumb:

We will miss you Merc!

Any idea yet on an itinerary? I put my boat in the water last weekend with bad results unfortunately, it's back at the marina to figure out what's going on with it. I may not have the boat for Memorial weekend, but it should be ready by the fun run. However, if I do not get the boat back this week, I won't be able to pick it up till the Saturday of the run, and best case scenario I'll be in the water by around 11-11:30. So I may miss you guys luanching the boats. We'll see what happens, just wondering what the plan of attack is for the day even if I have to get a late start.

Jason

I think it best if we start at noon again up near the NY state Park launch near Branchport. First stop will be Lakeside again! We will head up towards Penn Yan after that. Next stop The Switz! That should give you time to catch up to us.
What happened, issue with the new drive?

Looks like no laser this year! The hustler should be ready to go !

Have you received any feedback from the ROPA guys? I was going to contact the different stops to let them know we are coming but would be good to have an idea on how many.

I think it best if we start at noon again up near the NY state Park launch near Branchport. First stop will be Lakeside again! We will head up towards Penn Yan after that. Next stop The Switz! That should give you time to catch up to us.
What happened, issue with the new drive?

Sounds good Chris. No, the drive seems fine, at least at idle. That's all i could get out of it, once i give it any throttle it coughs and quits. messed with it for almost an hour Saturday and couldn't get it to go. We think it may be ignition, but could be carb. Strange to just happen, 12 years i've had it's always run like a top!! Hope to figure it out by this weekend.

Sounds good Chris. No, the drive seems fine, at least at idle. That's all i could get out of it, once i give it any throttle it coughs and quits. messed with it for almost an hour Saturday and couldn't get it to go. We think it may be ignition, but could be carb. Strange to just happen, 12 years i've had it's always run like a top!! Hope to figure it out by this weekend.

Okay good luck buddy! I always try to use Chuck he is a good mechanic and has the same engine in his Scarab.

Welcome to Summer Keuka Fun Run

Well we picked up a few more boats from the folks over at Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association (ROPA) This should be another fun and safe weekend, really looking forward to it!! Lets plan on being on the water and departing for the Switz at 12:00 from the state launch in Branchport. After that we can motorboat down to Penn Yann, hang out there then shoot up to Lakeside for a late lunch. We can then go to The Waterfront or to Snug harbor depending on time. Here is the list of boats so far.

35 Sonic - Matt
32 Fountain – Zac
32 Hustler – Jeremy
31 Formula – Chris
31 Formula – Ken and Brenda
30 Baja – Matt’s Buddy
27 Baja – Bryan
26 Scarab – Mike
24 Checkmate – Chris
22 Scarab – Matt
22 Checkmate – Keith
21 Checkamte – Jason
20 Checkmate – Mike
17 Checkmate – Vance and Anita

Let me know who I missed or if I got your boat wrong, see you all on Sat

Unfortunately you may have to scratch me off the list, unless a miracle happens by today's end I don't think the marina will have my boat ready to go. Not happy about it considering the new drive and it was just serviced, but it is a 30 year old original boat. I may hitch a ride with Keith on his way thru. My buddy may still bring his Scarab up too, but he's not 100% sure yet. On a positive note the weather is looking good, I'll see you guys out there one way or another!! Maybe the boat will be ready today, fingers crossed....🤞🏻🤞🏻

Great pics Chris!! Did you get the video i sent you via Facebook messenger? Caught you guy's heading back down from Penn Yan, sounded great! Glad you guy's had a good time! It's a week later and i might finally be getting mine in the water this weekend, after a carb rebuild. Hope she runs now, i'd like to do a cruise with some of lake regulars one of these weeks to come! :cheers:

3-June video

Great pics Chris!! Did you get the video i sent you via Facebook messenger? Caught you guy's heading back down from Penn Yan, sounded great! Glad you guy's had a good time! It's a week later and i might finally be getting mine in the water this weekend, after a carb rebuild. Hope she runs now, i'd like to do a cruise with some of lake regulars one of these weeks to come! :cheers:

Jason would you mind re-sending the video to me? Let me know when you guys want to do another get together I am all in. Keith and I were out for a short ride together last night. We should get Chris, Mike & Matt (Scarab) out for some fun.
I have not seen the Enchanter (just north of my place) out yet this year. I will try to see if he is around this weekend.

I re-sent the video on Facebook messenger, hope it went thru. Hope soon we can all get together, my buddy Jamie wants to bring his Scarab up too. My boat is supposed to be ready to go next weekend, I got to get some time on that drive to break it in. This not having a boat really sucks...lol

Checkmate get together 12-Aug

Okay we are going to get together with a bunch of Checkmate s this Saturday. We are meeting at Bluff Point sometime between 11:00 - 12:00.

Yee ha!

Keuka Lake Fun Run Saturday 7-Oct

Okay boys and girls we will be holding our annual Fall Fun Run on Keuka Lake agin this October 7, Saturday.
This is always a good time. The big boys from ROPA are planning to come down again, ye ha!

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
Date rescheduled to 14-October-2017 Keuka Fun Run

Weather forecast is 76 & sunny for this weekend fun run on Keuka. Don't miss this is always a good time.

Back