• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man .....i love it when a project starts to come together .............. very pleasing to the eye , or should i say eye candy that is kinda like l@@king at a very beautiful women if you know what i mean ...........!!!! :bigthumb::bigthumb: Jeff , i apologize for not getting with you this week i have been swamped with two big projects that are in compilation stages , and have been getting home very late , and have you forgotten my phone number ? :shakehead: :poke:

Last edited:
Your project and the results got my jealousy gauge passing "red line"

Very nice work Jeff, can't wait to see pics of this boat getting wet.

heres a peek at the new rigging....hopin to hit the water this weekend...waiting on a new seastar hc5435 hydro cylinder. I never had hydro steering nor drove a boat with it :eyecrazy:.....Got a tilt helm too.....so new rigging, slidemaster 12 inch set back, hydro steering, all new cables, shifter, hoses, and gauges....:D

Attachments

• finish 005.jpg
    finish 005.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 93
  • finish 012.jpg
    finish 012.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 111
  • finish 035.jpg
    finish 035.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 94
I'm loving the red as well!!!:drool: Fantanstic paint job!!! I also like the seat bases,great idea!:thumb:

Thanks Robbie....wasnt sure how the bases would look...but I didnt want to attach anything to the floor after my disaster...they need a polishing....i used plastic-clad instead of wood where ever i could....

Attachments

• finish 029.jpg
    finish 029.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 83
  • finish 014.jpg
    finish 014.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 76
You're gonna love hydro steering!:thumb: The cable steering system will wear you out from long runs from the motor torque.:D

Last edited:
wow man the boat is really lookin good:thumb: good luck this weekend

I just found out the hydro ram wont be here till tues..:shakehead:...freakin ebay...shouldnt complain though...got a new one for 400.00....paid 200.00 for the helm with tilt and 30.00 for 16 ft hoses....630.00 for a high performace system aint to bad....:eek:

by the way....lets not forget the double secret work OG guided me through...thats the real reason i cant wait to hit the water :banana:....This is defiantly a one of a kind checkmate...

remember i gps 70 before the resto, the new set up, and blueprinting/new lifting strakes..:bigthumb:

now if i can just get a windscreen built...:poke:

Today I registered this beauty in NC, been registered in NY since i bought it 8 years ago...found out that it actually started here in NC:thumb:...too kool

Jeff just opened your e-maill and the pics of the boat are just awsome what a fantastic job you have done my friend , and once again L@@KING G@@d.:cheers: Jeff , just curious when are you planning on throwing her in the water for a shake down considering we both have been thinking and wondering what type of numbers you just might get out of the ole gal with the bottom blueprinted , and thank you ever so much for the honorable mention in a previous post ...............Artie :bigthumb:

Jeff just opened your e-maill and the pics of the boat are just awsome what a fantastic job you have done my friend , and once again L@@KING G@@d.:cheers: Jeff , just curious when are you planning on throwing her in the water for a shake down considering we both have been thinking and wondering what type of numbers you just might get out of the ole gal with the bottom blueprinted , and thank you ever so much for the honorable mention in a previous post ...............Artie :bigthumb:

well....was hoping this weekend...found out last night the hydro steering cylinder i bought on ebay was sent pony express...wont be here till next week....so I guess ill have time to finish up some interior details...really want a low profile windscreen....getting too busy at work to focus on it though....

and your welcome for the mention, you have been a great help Artie :D....by the way, Imron...holy crap!....nice stuff, but 1800.00.... WOW

Jeff , just wondering are you still planning on fabricating a wind screen out of Plexi or glass at this time ?

Not sure as I posted above....I want it to be the same color as the boat as for it to "disappear"...and would like it to look like the Donzi I posted earlier....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back