• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...so wow...that was much different than epoxy...this stuff is sticky and sets in 6 minutes...somehow i didnt loose a drop!....ready for sanding, then fine touches on the edges of the strakes...tomorrow ...side two...:eyecrazy:

Attachments

• more blue print 010.jpg
    more blue print 010.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 58
  • more blue print 009.jpg
    more blue print 009.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 58
  • more blue print 008.jpg
    more blue print 008.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 60
Jeff , are you using the reddish brown cream hardner and please do not take this the wrong way but did you center that board ( ply )on the in-line sander / file board ....and if so cool .................& are you going to use guide coat ?

yes, thats the stuff they sent, the reddish brown..is that good?...I did not center the pad on my new OG sander...guess i will be in the am....:bounce:

havent done any real sanding yet...was a long day, very humid and rainy today...slowed this stuff down a little..nicer tomorrow...I used a half gallon of p-77...that right? Had to build those new strakes up a little to keep them in line...

yes, thats the stuff they sent, the reddish brown..is that good?...I did not center the pad on my new OG sander...guess i will be in the am....:bounce:

havent done any real sanding yet...was a long day, very humid and rainy today...slowed this stuff down a little..nicer tomorrow...I used a half gallon of p-77...that right? Had to build those new strakes up a little to keep them in line...
Jeff , its all good but you really need to center that board and the reason being is .....less vibriation to the hands / wrists , and less wear and tear on the inline sander itself / file board ........................ Jeff , 99 % of the time it is really hard to calculate on just how much material ( p-77 ) is really needed because every surface is different or should i say sand on / sand off and once again general rule of thumb is ................if it is high (sand ) and if it is low ( fill ) and maybe ................you just might want to order another gallon of P-77 on monday .................just a thought and i will give you a call tomorrow afternoon ..........................Take care my friend .......

Last edited:
Jeff , its all good but you really need to center that board and the reason being is .....less vibriation to the hands / wrists , and less wear and tear on the inline sander itself / file board ........................ Jeff , 99 % of the time it is really hard to calculate on just how much material ( p-77 ) is really needed because every surface is different or should i say sand on / sand off and once again general rule of thumb is ................if it is high (sand ) and if it is low ( fill ) and maybe ................you just might want to order another gallon of P-77 on monday .................just a thought and i will give you a call tomorrow afternoon ..........................Take care my friend .......

thanks OG...I was headin towards ordering more too...the other side should take less as i prefilled with the epoxy/cabosil...what do you think of my strakes????

Last edited:
I was just joking OG,last time i used it was on an old 69 donzi someone decided to sandblast...what a mess!

thats what I thought! lol.......who would want to do all that by hand...lucky for me shes belly up...and even with that...this p-77 is still pretty hard...good stuff...almost wish i had 60 grit!! :eyecrazy:...back at it...started at 730 this am...:D...got a 7 bedroom 7 bath 4000 sq. footer to start next week...I even got to design her..fun, fun, fun!

so second coat after a bit of sanding...starting the starboard side after a good sanding of the epoxy/cabosil fill...

I will need a second gallon of p-77... :yell:...mostly as I am using a good amount on building strakes and strake edges...the hook fill would have only taken a gallon...

Attachments

• 2nd coat 001.jpg
    2nd coat 001.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 2nd coat 002.jpg
    2nd coat 002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 2nd coat 003.jpg
    2nd coat 003.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 46
quickly edit your post ......because nobody really needs to know anything other then a need to know basis...............and i mean that considering most on here could gain a few mph ...............but .....................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back