• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Yellowfiero's enchanter resto!

Boat and interior look absolutely Great Brian,,, but get a good camera for heaven sake so we can really see it.... can't believe how good that gel still looks!! Wish the pics were clearer. :thumb:

The whole package looks awsome! I know you had a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in wasted income, but this boat ROCKS! I haven't forgotten about the steering wheel, just haven't left the house this week. Not feeling well. Maybe tomorrow. Actually, pm me your address and I will just send it to you when I am out. If you don't like it, you can pass it on to someone who does.:thumb:

planning on sanding down swim platform to bare wood then refinishing platform & locker with urethane instead of oil. I'm getting tired of oiling 3-4x a year LOL!

I meant to ask you today when we talked how you are going to do this and make it maintenance free and look like teak at the same time? I get why you don't want to oil it all the time but not sure what you are doing to it to make it last longer?

I have child labor for my teak :D she'd do it every weekend if I asked her.

183810_502084452059_593712059_6693984_2664741_n.jpg

I use to work in a boat factory and although there boats were crappy built mass produced low line quality, I like what they did with the teak trim. They would put the pieces in a large container and soak them for a couple of days and them lay them out on a mesh rack over top ov the container to drip off the excess. Lasted pretty good.

Thanks Spencer, still wondering if red was the best choice for the main color ........

BTW I got those pictures but have not had time to go over them. I will go over them and get back with you by Friday :D

I like the red (it matches my new reputation colors:thumb:) and with the black carpet it will really pop.

Jeff, planning on sanding down swim platform to bare wood then refinishing platform & locker with urethane instead of oil. I'm getting tired of oiling 3-4x a year LOL!

Probably won't do the black carpet till next year after the balsa repairs. Tho the carpet really looks bad with the new skins ......

Look into spar varnish. Its designed for use outdoors. Unless they have a new urethane product these days.

minwax makes a spar urethane that works great!

I figured they would have a "spar" product these days that was better than varnish which has the potential to yellow over time. And who better to know than someone from the north east. Thanks !!!

i used it in some floors in my house...said on can not to use on floors.dogs snowy feet ect like iron!also used it on a picnic table 15 yrsago still looks great! have used it on boats also holds up good

You guys quack me up!!!
DuckMoony.gif

Here is a sneak peak into something else I am running this year
31788154045_large.jpg
31788154048_large.jpg
Puts the prop shaft @ about 5" below the pad vs buried at almost 8" with the stock alpha

Back