• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Board Milestones

Don't look now, but we're quickly pulling up to the 5,000 member mark.

We're probabaly two or three weeks away from hitting it I would guess.

We're also getting close to the 90,000 post mark.

That we should hit in a week or so I would guess. :)

Just hit 5000 MEMBERS

That number really blows me away.
If you would have asked me 5 years ago when I joined this great forum that it would grow into the great place we have here I would have been skeptical.

I would like to personally thank all the members of this great little place we call home, and for making it what it is today.
With out all of you, this forum would not exist.

:bigthumb::cheers

Well said Gus.

5000 members is an amazing milestone.

Thanks everyone. :)

And welcome harleyherb member 5,000. :thumb:

Hey Gang,

We're coming down the home stretch on our way to 100,000 posts.

We've got just under 1,000 to go.

I would guess we'll hit 100,000 sometime towards the end of April. :)

Fellas,

For me, it's a really incredible number. It's really hard to believe to be honest. Being that I've been here from day one, I can honestly remember times, when days went past and nothing was posted.

I can still remember being shocked and excited the first time we had ten members logged in at the same time.

I still remember those times pretty fondly. I never ever expected much more than to ever have just a handful of us chit-chatting.

I'm sure Gus would tell you the same as he was here from the start along with JW.

JW is the one guy who always had the foresight to see that the site could grow to be pretty sizeable. He's a visionary! :D

I'm glad I was searching one day for info and found this site. I try to find time everyday to check in and see what's happening with my fellow CHECKMATES :thumb:

Terry

How right you are Chris. I remember when it would be just the 3 of logged in and chatting away wondering if the site would take off. Well today is a different story.:thumb:

This site got me to buy my mate. I found the boat for sale took the info off the hull to search online. After I found this forum and after reading some of post about checkmates I was hooked.

I agree with wizard. I was looking at a checkmate myself and while doing some research on the web came across this site. I pm'd Chris to ask some questions, he promptly responded and I bought a checkmate.

Thanks Chris!!!:thumb:

wizard and cmpulse - thanks for sharing your stories. I actually answer a lot of questions off line and in many cases I really don't know what becomes of things. So I'm glad to hear I helped your out. Hopefully I steered you both in the right direction! :D

Coop - I and many people here appreciate your many contributions to the forums over the years. Without members participating, helping and sharing, the site wouldn't be the resource that it is. :)

TLB - Thanks for your help! Smokin' fingers is one thing, but watch out for the carpo! :bigthumb:

-Chris

This Forum has been and always will be one of great comraderie, professionalism and sharing of knowledge. I've enjoyed the site since the minute I first logged on and have met many internet friends through the years. I log on daily and always try to contribute where I can. I've also received alot of help myself from other members. My hat's off to you Chris, and all the other moderators for maintaining a great site. If you ever get to Jupiter/Palm Beach I will gladley take you out for a day of boating and a cold beer or two! :cheers

Back