• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I just got in a new 21 Liberator. Going to Australia

Awesome... like always.

How do you protect it for shipping? Would be a shame to see some knuckleheads scratch it up before the owner got to enjoy it.

With abilities like that I see how you afford the home you have, great work.
by the way, speaking of the home, have you ever finished the upper floor make-over you had been posting?

Actually, I would probably not be able to make a living at selling boats. It's been very slow for years. I own a Mini Storage complex which pays the bills. It's also very slow, but it's paid for.

The man cave is still being worked on. He has been doing the wood work for about 4 months now. It's very detailed so it's taking a long time. I haven't posted pics because it's hard to see the progress when it's going so slow. Hopefully be done in a few more weeks.

My three year old, Davin Rae, says, "That's a really fancy boat, Dad! You could get that boat too!"

I agree...very fancy, but I can't afford that beauty!

Nice work, Wildman!

That's one shiney boat!!!:thumb: Great Job Wildman!!!!:cheers: Do have question, once you've sanded with the 600, 1000 and 1500 grit, do you buff the boat with 3M or meguiars products?

I ended up using 800, 1200, then 1500. I use Mequires Ultra Cut, then 3M's polishing compound, and then Liquid Ebony, and then Ardex wax. This one took 4 1/2 days to sand and buff. But that's why it looks like it does.

I've heard of and used 3M and meguiars products, but not Liquid Ebony or Ardex wax. I had to look those two up. :o

Is there a lot of maintenace to keep that shine in the future?
Randy,I'm amazed at the quality of your work .I just got to see one in person. :bigthumb:

The upkeep is very easy. It takes 15-20 minutes to wax the entire boat. The painted boats will not fade out like gelcoat. It also makes the boats alot easier to customize. Gelcoat kinda limits the designs and custom effects. I can always custom paint a Checkmate if someone wants one.

Well, let me put it this way. If you use good paint and clearcoat, it won't fade out. If someone uses cheap enamel, it will fade about the same rate as gelcoat. The clear I use is almost $300 a gallon. Like they always say "you get what you pay for"

Back