• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
then...with helpful advice from OG...the epoxy resin guru...I coated the transom with a resin/cabosil, mixed to a peanut butter consistency, about 1/4 inch thick. I then laid 1708 coated with resin to the hull. Immediately set the transom against the 1708 and clamped it in place...with the oozing of the cabosil around the edges and a little more I filled and rounded off the corners for the next step of layering...tomorrow....

Attachments

• transom repair 031.jpg
    transom repair 031.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 102
  • transom repair 032.jpg
    transom repair 032.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 99
  • transom repair 036.jpg
    transom repair 036.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
ok..finally after all the sanding and core work....time for the new transom :bounce:

this was the prep, had to fill the corners of the molded hull first...then made some clamps fore the transom...
Jeff , i guess i better stop thinking of doing any more fiberglass repair at this moment ....considering you are starting to look like a seasoned pro ..................:thumb: and wow ............ you really are doing a great job my friend .

Jeff . in regards to your last post and pics ...............i truly cant wait for you to finish your layup around the perimeter tomorrow just to see the end results . Yah man ....................:rof: Jeff , to tell you the truth after viewing your pics on how you set the transom board in place ....................i truely have to give you a thumbs up ...............

Jeff . in regards to your last post and pics ...............i truly cant wait for you to finish your layup around the perimeter tomorrow just to see the end results . Yah man ....................:rof: Jeff , to tell you the truth after viewing your pics on how you set the transom board in place ....................i truely have to give you a thumbs up ...............

thanks for your vote of confidence OG!...it truly means something coming from someone of your caliber :cheers: ...I cant wait to do the layup either..have a small electrical job in the am first...so ill be at it late....:)

I used a gallon of epoxy for this process...sound right? by the way i added another layer of 17 oz bi-axle to the bilge side of the transom last night....

thanks for your vote of confidence OG!...it truly means something coming from someone of your caliber :cheers: ...I cant wait to do the layup either..have a small electrical job in the am first...so ill be at it late....:)

I used a gallon of epoxy for this process...sound right? by the way i added another layer of 17 oz bi-axle to the bilge side of the transom last night....
Jeff , using a Gallon for the overall process sound's about right ..and just a quick mention ..how pretty would you like your lay to look ?

Jeff , using a Gallon for the overall process sound's about right ..but then again .does it really matter ......give or ...take ....ha ha ha ha .Jeff , just a quick mention ,and that is...... just how pretty would you like your lay up yo be ...........?

68.00 a gallon, well worth it..think Ill have about 350.00 in materials for he the transom alone, cheap for something that should last another 31 years minimum...

and although no one will ever see the layup...or the core work for that matter....i want may layup just as tight as every other piece of glass Ive installed to date :)

heres some more pics of my clamp system...had way to much fun...wished i could do this for money :drool:

Attachments

• transom repair 039.jpg
    transom repair 039.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 101
  • transom repair 038.jpg
    transom repair 038.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 100
  • transom repair 040.jpg
    transom repair 040.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 101
............................................................................................................................................................... RED LINE....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................RED LINE ..........................................................RED LINE .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
............................................................................................................................................................... RED LINE....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................RED LINE ..........................................................RED LINE .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
you ok OG ???:poke:

I had to think about that for a while!
Think hes saying you killed it, Lines on a heart monitor/flatlined.

Jeff , its all good ................................................ my mistake considering we are unable to delete a previous post on here with nothing left to say except ..............................Redline ..............................Redline ...........so why leave a perfectly good space blank if you know what i mean .:rof: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :lol:

Jeff , its all good ................................................ my mistake considering we are unable to delete a previous post on here with nothing left to say except ..............................Redline ..............................Redline ...........so why leave a perfectly good space blank if you know what i mean .:rof: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :lol:

I got it...just ckeckin on you old man!!! :banana: Headin out to do some layup...pics to follow :eyecrazy:

start and finish layup..

this week..the knee supports...maybe if im lucky ill get the stringers in as well....starting to fill in with cabosil and CSM at the rivet holes where the top attaches to the hull...there was at least 12 holes on average in a 1 foot span....

Attachments

• transom layup 044.jpg
    transom layup 044.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 94
  • transom layup 049.jpg
    transom layup 049.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 89
  • transom layup 041.jpg
    transom layup 041.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 102
Jeff , Pat your self on the back for a job well done ( layup ) l@@king g@@d guy , and it was great talking with today considering it almost seems like we have been friends for years . Jeff , looking foward to seeing the completion of the transom with the knees being added and once again nice work .

Jeff , Pat your self on the back for a job well done ( layup ) l@@king g@@d guy , and it was great talking with today considering it almost seems like we have been friends for years . Jeff , looking foward to seeing the completion of the transom with the knees being added and once again nice work .

started the transom supports today...will install the knees tomorrow....pics to follow..OG, how do you splice the plywood together for the floor?...any secrets you would like to share? :poke:

moving forward....

Attachments

• transom knee braces 004.jpg
    transom knee braces 004.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 87
  • transom knee braces 013.jpg
    transom knee braces 013.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 88
  • transom knee braces 007.jpg
    transom knee braces 007.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 95
Status