• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My New ride; checkmate convinsor 259

JJG his present is in the boat now!!

Jeff; you are always welcome!!! Lol.

He gave this to me last time he was over. I love it- i love it...!!

Thanks!!!

88B06BB5-1EB2-461C-8C22-29139F66A4AB_zps3s0a5a8b.jpg

An update on the waxing job; i didnt have the time so this is how it now is.
Not perfect but i finish this in the next months.

C1897F89-D80D-4767-AEC9-D5C389E9C67D_zpss9lyq37s.jpg

E60E1F6C-9DF2-410D-B650-7AFC5B6D041C_zpsjqrimx5i.jpg

Bought a 2012 Dodge Ram laramie 4x4 airride two tone 5.7hemi
to tow the boat.
The car had an owner i know. So buying it from the dealer was easy.
The former owner was not financially involved and did a excellent job to get me the right info for bidding.
I could not resist to hook it up and go for a ride. Got it last week and didnt had the time to do it till today.

My first choice was chevy or gmc. Thats the emotion part. But i have to run the truck on lpg bc of the gas prices overhere.
And hemi valves are taking the heat and lack of oil out of petrol better than chevy. However i have a oil system now to be 1000% sure its going to be running the full life just like a normal car.

My plan is to run this one for a two maybe three years and than order a new one.

8A5F829A-7961-4D5D-87C9-088A31502659_zpsnmme4tfk.jpg
09F4465F-3642-4B09-89DE-9B4EF0657861_zps1bjy09ty.jpg
B4062EE6-1046-498E-9F6B-B80CDFAEBA9E_zpsjkaiycnw.jpg
8FC5AB5F-659B-477C-92ED-3AD4382DC837_zpsx0ija0ov.jpg

Helmich, BIG boat and BIG truck......you are an American in training! The boat is looking great!
I want a ride next time I am in Amsterdam.:bigthumb:

Helmich, BIG boat and BIG truck......you are an American in training! The boat is looking great!
I want a ride next time I am in Amsterdam.:bigthumb:

You got it👍

All i need is a small stars and stripes decal on the back. Searching on eBay for that. The checkmate decal is already ordered and underway at the postoffice.

The RAM and the Checkmate Convicor is just screaming AMERICA!!!!

No go out and kick some highway and water butt!

The RAM and the Checkmate Convicor is just screaming AMERICA!!!!

No go out and kick some highway and water butt!

Lol!

I do this weekend. Getting the convinsor wet again. And experience the Dodge on the ramp overhere. We have small ramps going straight down so ground height under the the trailer is always an issue. Thats why i like the airride of this truck.

Excellent combo!! How was the Ram for power and stability, I have read that air ride greatly improves the Ram 1500's.

The airride is amazing stable. They have here all sort of blocks on the road to prevent speeding. I dont hit the brakes anymore. That says enough.
The level function i did not use yet. That will come when i go out with the convinsor the first time.

These thing we have overhere mainly in cities.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=verkeersdrempel&client=safari&hl=nl-nl&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE0P2JoLLLAhXmQZoKHV7jAvIQ_AUIBygB&biw=414&bih=628

Like in 2012 with the senator; i will be at the opkikkerdag with the checkmate doing rides with serious (terminal) ill children. The opkikker foundation is a charity foundation to get a smile on a ill child.
Its on apr 9th; will go there with some outboard guys from the dutch fastboats forums.
Since last year its a Royal foundation; that means that the queen of Holland queen maxima is present too. Dont know of i going to see or meet her. Its kids day for me.

The kids are going to do all sorts of fun stuff. Helicopter rides; speedboat rides fast car rides; cooking with a TV Cook; going with the marines in a tank over the beach; being a moviestar for one day; Fireman for one day etc.

This is a foundation that is close to my heart, and to see a smile and make them forget the problems for one day is priceless.

2C90C580-B358-41BA-A6F2-E916008390B6_zpsgezthttl.jpg
986C646B-57D3-45F2-BD2E-CB182BB302C3_zpsbozhqgvj.jpg
2DDD7A09-73ED-4E6C-8527-338A34075E69_zpstcgjhren.jpg

On the timeline; next weekend is the pre season run of the forum. 160miles run this time.
Apr 9th is opkikkerdag; may 21th is national mercury days at my local dealership. The dealer asked to get the convinsor on display on that day at his shop. No problem with that.
June 3th the Bristol to penarth run in the UK. I do that one with the inflateble RIB.
Megameeting of both dutch forums is on june 12th. A weekend of lots of fun and big BBQ and on sunday the run in the south of Holland
July vacation to Croatia 3weeks boating fun.

In August the run from Holland across north sea to London. And back

After all that i need a break... Hahaha

Back