• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ran my Verado 400r

whos 24 is this? ever sweet!!! 0152943167356850_3566789320394158325_n_zpscp29wuo3.jpg

Thanks for the links, good points & sound advice i will call Todd & run my set up & numbers by him & see what will come out of it, that 24' BRX belongs to a friend up in Jersey, ChuckB on the forum, it is a good looking CheckMate.

No probs. Yes she sure is purdy with that 400r hanging on the back!! Great forum guys and Ive always loved Checkmates!! Especially with the Wildman touch...:thumb: It would be cool to see what he can do with the cowl and hull on a 24/400R combo hot rod paint scheme. Im sure its just a matter of time before he does.:cheers:

Thanks for the comments on the picture.:thumb:Thanks also to whoever took it I missed several days on the forum to put some hours on the new setup:D

I will be looking to try some new props.

I enjoyed reading through this thread now that I've joined the ranks of Pulsare 2400 ownership! Here's a couple of thoughts: first, the Pulsare 2400 does have a 9" pad that is raised 1/2" off the bottom. The pad is NOT completely flat but has a slight V to it. I don't think, at 9" wide, the pad being completely flat would make enough of a speed difference to sacrafice ride quality. The "V" pad that the Pulsare 2400 does have looks like a scaled down version of the convincor hull as I've compared it side by side with my 2800SX bottom. I'm going to dial in my best speed with my Verado 275 with 6" of setback before I start tinkering. There is alot of good feedback in this thread! Thanks to all the 2400 owners! I, along with KCT, are one of the few true 2400 bowrider owners. I think power for power, the Pulsare long deck would naturally be fastest, the bowrider 2nd, and the BRX third due to the aerodynamics of each topdeck/windshield/walkthrough/etc. Looking forward to boating with Hayabusa this sunday and will get some 2400 side by side pictures!!

Speed...more speed

Over the week end in the quest for more speed I tested with a 25"p Blaster, stayed with the Blaster since my 24" ran so well, on my Garmin GPS the top speed it registered was 83.5 mph, my recall in the Vantage View registered 83 @ 7157 rpm & on JJG's suggestion I went out yesterday to test a few ideas & duplicated the speed while watching the rpm's in the digital Vantage View window & saw a constant true 7020 to 7030 with an occasional 7150 when hitting a chop or catching air hence the recall showing 7157 rpm's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 44
I'd like to hit 85 mph so I'm working on some setback ideas, jack height & wright distribution, any input from you speed gurus out there that have been doing this way longer than I have.....I'm all ears.

You have plenty to spin it. 2 inches of pitch is 300 rpm and it might not cavitate as much on take off. If I had that thing I would put a 28 on it, you might be buzzing past the sweet spot of the motor.
. Back when I said 26..lol

Over the week end in the quest for more speed I tested with a 25"p Blaster, stayed with the Blaster since my 24" ran so well, on my Garmin GPS the top speed it registered was 83.5 mph, my recall in the Vantage View registered 83 @ 7157 rpm & on JJG's suggestion I went out yesterday to test a few ideas & duplicated the speed while watching the rpm's in the digital Vantage View window & saw a constant true 7020 to 7030 with an occasional 7150 when hitting a chop or catching air hence the recall showing 7157 rpm's.

We had a great run last sunday! James was dusting me with his 400R:shakehead:!! I had 4 people on board with 60 gallons of gas and I was all in at 65mph GPS running a Bravo One 24...I better start thinking about more setback, remapping my computer and some prop swapping so I can remotely keep up with Hayabusa!!!!:thumb:.................Or buy a 400Ros!!!:bigthumb:

We had a great run last sunday! James was dusting me with his 400R:shakehead:!! I had 4 people on board with 60 gallons of gas and I was all in at 65mph GPS running a Bravo One 24...I better start thinking about more setback, remapping my computer and some prop swapping so I can remotely keep up with Hayabusa!!!!:thumb:.................Or buy a 400Ros!!!:bigthumb:

Yeah man Sunday was a blast, JUP i must say you can put it together, good food & great company, made getting smoked by Nicks 26......all that much more bearable :lol: went by me so fast i couldn't see what make it was :lol: remind me again what he has? A true sleeper. Your Check as always....immaculate & steady as rock :bigthumb:

Yeah man Sunday was a blast, JUP i must say you can put it together, good food & great company, made getting smoked by Nicks 26......all that much more bearable :lol: went by me so fast i couldn't see what make it was :lol: remind me again what he has? A true sleeper. Your Check as always....immaculate & steady as rock :bigthumb:

Nick's boat was a 26' Seebold Eagle with twin 250XS's. The boat consistantly runs 87mph GPS and we've touched 90mph in cooler conditions!!! It's a handfull to drive and it does get scary!! The funny thing is that the Seebold is his "slower" boat!! He has two STV's..a white 3 seater with a 280 that runs in the low 100's and the infamous "Danger Zone" single seater that runs into the 140's!!! The Seebold Eagle hull will be going up for sale when he finishes his 30' tripple motor Velocity!

Nick's boat was a 26' Seebold Eagle with twin 250XS's. The boat consistantly runs 87mph GPS and we've touched 90mph in cooler conditions!!! It's a handfull to drive and it does get scary!! The funny thing is that the Seebold is his "slower" boat!! He has two STV's..a white 3 seater with a 280 that runs in the low 100's and the infamous "Danger Zone" single seater that runs into the 140's!!! The Seebold Eagle hull will be going up for sale when he finishes his 30' tripple motor Velocity!

Good stuff Bró goood stuff.

I give the guy a lot of credit but I have my doubts about what the results will be.......Stroker/400R.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?313180-About-done-Stroker-400R

Anyone want to try a 2100 Pulsare/400R?

The 400R dwarfs the Stroker in those pictures! Should be interesting to see the final results! I do believe Hayabusa will see 85mph in his Pulsare BRX. Switching to a Verado Hot Foot, a little more setback, some prop tweeking, etc...he's only off by a couple mph right now!

Update: Reinforcing the Transom

I made my mold for inside the transom & in between the stringers in 3/8 wood & my fabricator has replicated it into 3/8 aluminum copying all angles to perfection, i test fitted before full weld is done & we're good to go, back plate to inside transom is 25-3/4" x 13" between the stringers, top plate under the splash well is close to 25-7/16" x 10" & stringer plates are 10" x 13" all welded up & tied in with appropriate gussets, sort of looks like an open box that's missing the top & front side, outside transom back plate i molded out of 1/2 plywood & replicated to 5/8 aluminum made it as wide as posible 30" across the bottom & 23" across the top & almost 25" tall the cross plate is 23-1/2" wide & going into the splash well 13" when all said & done my Bob's jack plate will sit about 4" higher my set back will be 12-5/8" for initial tests, all though the holiday's have slowed the build a bit I'll have all in my hands in a couple of days & i'll have some pic's to post.

I am also very interested about your reasons for reinforcing the transom. Definitely keep us posted on the your progress and some pictures. If your interested in making two sets of transom plates, count me in for buying one :D

Back