• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

Life

Guss, Life does get in the way.... I have to move again cause my land lord is a true ( Slum Lord ) Grrrrrrr!!!!!! I have had a few problems, my rebuild kits that I had bought have the wrong head gaskets in it, and I had to make my own gaskets for the exhaust block off cause I guess they don't make the one I need anymore. I hope to at least get the motor wet this fall sometime. I will get some more pics added as soon as ( life permits ) I think your boat looks Awesome, thanks for motivating me to start tuning in my skills in fabrication on my ( boat )~winks~ maybe some day soon we can meet and run our boats together.

Guss, Life does get in the way.... I have to move again cause my land lord is a true ( Slum Lord ) Grrrrrrr!!!!!! I have had a few problems, my rebuild kits that I had bought have the wrong head gaskets in it, and I had to make my own gaskets for the exhaust block off cause I guess they don't make the one I need anymore. I hope to at least get the motor wet this fall sometime. I will get some more pics added as soon as ( life permits ) I think your boat looks Awesome, thanks for motivating me to start tuning in my skills in fabrication on my ( boat )~winks~ maybe some day soon we can meet and run our boats together.

** I put the power head on tonight...... but I'm waiting on the new head gaskets ( Grrrrrr ) the ones in my rebuild kit were the wrong ones they wouldn't fit none of the holes lined up. I went to the local marine shop and they ordered the wrong ones, I went to Napa and they would be 47.50 each Retail or with my discount it would be 38.00 each ( is that price high ) ??

Tri-mate 2

Ok it's time for a new pic or 3 for all of us to enjoy so Just pull her on out into the sunshine this week & shoot a fresh pic or two .................. (All in favor say eye)

can't wait to see it back on the water gus, hope the pad works good, hell you may need to re-learn how to drive her with the new Rad Pad .

Last edited:
What a summer and its gone. I missed it. Work has been the biggest pain in the back side. I need to win the lotto so I can just kick back.

What a summer and its gone. I missed it. Work has been the biggest pain in the back side. I need to win the lotto so I can just kick back.

I feel your pain about work. Now if I could just stop buying boat parts with every extra cent I got, I could afford those lotto tickets:brickwall:

work and summer gone

Heeeey Guys there is still a month or 2 of lake time left for speed running now that (all the skiers, and kiddies are off the water ) I got to tell you all that I feel the job thing but.... I will say this " where there is a will there is a way " I work 3 jobs Sun-thurs 8am-4pm, mon-fri 415pm-2am, and I drive Limo on Sat night.. I found the time to get my power head back together and I Have gotten lake time on Labor day and a few sat mornings. ( Oh did I say too that I live on vitamins, energy drinks, and 4 hrs sleep a night. ) I will find the right prop in the nest 2 weeks and since my boat is a twin to my friend Guss's I will post all info and pics on my over haul that Guss was so nice to start for me. ( being on the water re-charges a body )

News flash.......Boat spends time in the sun. Needed to clean out the shop a bit. Decided to pull the boat out and clean all the dust off. Needed to get all the glass dust out of the inside so I can lay carpet this winter.

Attachments

• DSC02451.JPG
    DSC02451.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC02452.JPG
    DSC02452.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02453.JPG
    DSC02453.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 363
Winter??
3stooges.gif

It looks great Gus. :thumb:

Maybe we should create a gallery category and upload all your pics into it. It would probably make a nice little section on it's own. :)

Let me know if you want me to whip it together and I'll let you upload them and put descriptions in for them etc.

-Chris

Back