• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Yellowfiero's enchanter resto!

Hey Brian, did you ever figure out how to work in the GR theme? I know where there is a cool SS steering wheel that would dang good with all the new stuff!

Hey Brian, did you ever figure out how to work in the GR theme? I know where there is a cool SS steering wheel that would dang good with all the new stuff!

Haven't put much thought into it yet. I really like the idea and once I get the boat together mechanically and Robbie does the core repairs, I'll work with the idea. Give me some more info on the wheel. I don't think the stock wheel will work with the IMCO helm. I can always use a pair of vice-grips to steer the flaked beast!!!! LOL

Haven't put much thought into it yet. I really like the idea and once I get the boat together mechanically and Robbie does the core repairs, I'll work with the idea. Give me some more info on the wheel. I don't think the stock wheel will work with the IMCO helm. I can always use a pair of vice-grips to steer the flaked beast!!!! LOL

I will dig it out tomorrow and take some pic's.

They look great Brian, can't wait to see it installed, I sure wish I would have gone with the complete interior, if I ever need one done again thats the way to go, I don't even want to know how many hours I spent on mine getting the skins right.

Nice of them to do the piping for you too! when I did it on the top of my rear backrest it was just a c-hair too high and I had to carfully remove it and redo it :brickwall:

I pulled a lot of new staples in other areas as well.

To me, it was well worth the extra $$$ to have the interior installed start to finish in an hour. For me to stretch and staple and most of all fight it the entire way was not worth it. Then there is the fact of it made with composite materials so it will never rot. My wood is good so it would be hard to justify replacing but its from 1985 so IMO, I'd end up doing it anyways. Would suck to install skins and have wood rot a couple years later.

Those look great Brian! There is no doubt about it.....the CM factory does nice work! I can't wait to see her all together and see that flake in the KY sun!

Was a slow day at the marina so I stopped down. Had Bill and Joe help with installing the rear interior. The fuel fill hose was rotten so I will have to pick some up as they only had 2" in stock and I need 1 1/2".
31788154044_large.jpg
31788154043_large.jpg
31788154042_large.jpg

Looks Great Brian, looks like time to spend time on the TEAK.

Jeff, planning on sanding down swim platform to bare wood then refinishing platform & locker with urethane instead of oil. I'm getting tired of oiling 3-4x a year LOL!

Probably won't do the black carpet till next year after the balsa repairs. Tho the carpet really looks bad with the new skins ......

Thanks Spencer, still wondering if red was the best choice for the main color ........

BTW I got those pictures but have not had time to go over them. I will go over them and get back with you by Friday :D

No worries... Take your time. I will be in Florida for nine days and I leave on Friday. I'll give you a call when I get back.:cheers:

Interior looks great.

Just my opinion, but I'd leave the teak alone and oil it... nothing looks better than teak on a classic hull. Well worth the little bit of effort it take, imo.

Back